DECEMBER 25th - A New Holiday: JAMES BROWN DAY

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Merry X-Mas and all that to all of you, and not wanting to step on millions of people's toes, but I'm officially declaring a national holiday. For now on December 25th will be forever known as "James Brown Day." I'm serious. Even if it never actually becomes an official "reality" it will forever be James Brown Day to me. And, we'll ALWAYS get the day off!Feel free to share your thoughts here, about James, and about the idea of an actually James Brown holiday. SPOTLIGHT ON JAMES BROWN, Y'ALL... THE KING OF THEM ALL Y'ALL

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yo - I love the idea but wouldn't it be more apropos to celebrate his b-day rather than death day?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Of course, O. But think about it - I doubt the powers that be will actually declare May 3rd a national holiday, but December 25th will always be one so we kind of get it by default.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    It's official! I never liked Christmas anyway.

• already.

• 100000% BOUT IT. Get up, get into it, get involved.

• Boom. Good music, good food, and if it's a party, nice ladies getting down on the one. I like this.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    It's a new holiday - let a man come in and do the popcorn!

• depending on how you look at it.....james is jesus like. who doesnt owe something to that man musically speaking.

you cant beat that for an exit either....my pops bday is on xmas, nobody can forget that.

• Happy James Brown Day, soulstrut!

• Is it bad that I would rather celebrate James Brown Day more than this Christmas thing?

• I'm all for this as well...how does one celebrate James Brown day? We need to find out what James favorite foods are...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Officially down.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Is it bad that I would rather celebrate James Brown Day more than this Christmas thing?

Ha, I'm won over. I'll cosign.

Xmas is only fun now b/c I have a kid. Otherwise, I could really care less.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    I can get down with this

jesus was a pussy anyways

• I can get down with this

jesus was a pussy anyways

Im with ya. So what does this holiday entail? Booze, Women, and Funk?

You got any traditions to lay down Cosmo? This the first official James Brown Day and you did invent this holiday.

Maybe a bit of helping others Get on up?

• Im with ya. So what does this holiday entail? Booze, Women, and Funk?

When a bell rings, a woman in latex gets another piercing and/or tattoo. Hot.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Happy James Brown Day everyone!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    So who sings the James Brown anthem?

Digable Planets,M.I.A,or The Roots?