Home drunk from the club...

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
and I'm not sure what to attack first...the Taco Cabana or the weed?What do y'all think?

Comments

• go for the weed first unless you're hammered

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Too late...tacos it is.

They even gave me an extra one.

Okay, now I'm good and fed and good and high.

"Can't lend my stick to some hodad."

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    This isn't Stoned Strut.

• Harv, where'd you get tacos from?

• can someone ghost bump that thread where harvey goes to three different clubs in one night

This isn't Stoned Strut.

Get Familiar.

A fresh edition just for you Phonics...

Last Friday, I went to pick up Gerald Geezy in the 0-2 so we could hit up a house party and a Will Hustle mixtape release party later. Gerald directed me to a friend's house on East 9th. When I got there, Gerald was out in the street talking to some dudes in a car. It wound up being Pimpin Pen and his "bodyguard" Slugga. I pulled to the curb, got out, and spoke with Pen a while. Dude in the house couldn't come out due to certain provisions, but he was blaring his music out into the street like he owned the block.

Gerald and I left and headed over to Martin Perna's house for a Christmas party. Martin just donated a bunch of djembe drums to our foundation so I had just been over to his place on Wednesday. He shares a home with his wife Courtney, who co-led a Jena 6 walk-out at UT with my wife last year, and Gerald started cracking up as he realized that we were headed to a neighborhood known as the "Hog Pen". East Austin is gentrifying like crazy and Gerald was quick to point out that "this is where it used to all go down".

At the party, a friend of mine E-Be-Lo was spinning the best set of records I've ever heard out of him. Martin had cooked a bunch of Caribbean food and before long, he was telling us about what appeared to be a 20-foot rock cliff wall in the back of his yard. He told us how it's not actually a natural formation, and how when the city was rebuilding IH-35 they dumped all of their rubble into a giant rectangular pile in the back of this neighborhood. Martin even said one day he looked back there and there was a cow that had climbed down it through a hole in his fence. He said as a dude from Brooklyn he didn't know what to do and wound up grabbing a broomstick to chase the cow back up the rather steep rock pile.

Gerald and I eventually left for Troubador on 6th Street. When we got there Pimpn Pen and Slugga were on stage. Pen is in a group called VIP with K-Paul who is unfortunately away for another year or so. Pen has been doing a great job holding things down as a solo act (his collab single with T-Solo was probably the local radio hit of the year), but he's really missing K-Paul. They were the ones who hooked up with NastyKutt out of Norway who wound up producing Gerald's current single "How I Was Raised". Speaking of Gerald, he jumped on stage with Pen, freestyled for about 5 minutes straight, then within another 5 minutes he was out the door with some "lil mama". The next act was so bad (Will Hustle, even though he is my dude, has this practice of taking money from horrible acts to let them perform at his events)...some dude lipsynching his lyrics with this big ole Mannie Fresh-looking girl jumping around behind him...that I had to say my good-byes and bounce.

On the way back to the truck, I decided to stop in at Club Deville where this woman at work had told me there would be some magazine's (I forget already)Christmas party. There were a few dozen people dancing badly to dj cheese. I wound up talking to this dude that plays in a band called What Made Milwaukee Famous about common dudes we know from Wichita Falls. He had actually come to the kids' Destiny by Design performance the previous week, so good dude already. Anyway, took off from there and stopped for some Mrs. Johnson's donuts on my way home.

Really, I dunno the point of typing all of this out. I guess just to say that Austin is still interesting and fun as shit.

• haha hey murray x-mas

Aw shit, it's on now.

*Batmon, you ain't ever lied.*

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    tonite i watched king of the hill after hitting the clurb -- it was like chillin with harvey canal + the wife

• Anyway, took off from there and stopped for some Mrs. Johnson's donuts on my way home.

Blueberry cake donuts. [/thread]

• DUDE?!?!??! What the hell is that?

• Hollar'd at the crew roundabout midnight. Watched Die Hard with not one, not two, but three Diet Cokes. Back to the crib; bumped the Genesis '70-'75 boxed set; passed out on the couch around 4.

THIS IS MISSOURI THUG LIFE.

• DUDE?!?!??! What the hell is that?

This question really ought to be answered.