NON-PANNED Rusty Bryant "Fire Eater?"

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Anyone have a remastered version or any version of Rusty Bryant "Fire Eater" where the drums in the break aren't panned hard left? Does this exist?b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1203.gif" alt="" /1

Comments

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Cos, are you looking to play this thru S.erato? You know you can put it into mono playback mode right?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Um, no I did not know that...

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I can't remember if the 45 is mono or stereo....but yeah just set the Microwave playback mode to mono and you should be alright.

• The 45 is "narrow stereo", which means the mix is centered more than the album mix is. The 45 is of course an edit, and on top of that it will not be the same as if you simply mixed the stereo mix into mono (slightly different dynamic). Let me see if I can find it.

EDIT: "Narrow stereo" mixes were done as labels in the late 60's and early 70's were making the transition to mono and were generally made for 45's. A lot of times when songs were mixed a certain way, elements would cancel out or fade when simply "folded down" to mono, and a "narrow stereo" mix would be good for those who had to upgrade to a stereo phonograph or for AM radio stations that would play songs that required a compatible mix. Some "narrow stereo" mixes, such as the one for Steely Dan's "Do It Again", feature things that aren't in the proper stereo mix. It's a bit like quad mixes where the producer and/or engineer would go to the multi-tracks and pull out elements that weren't there before.

Anyway, all I have is an MP3 of "Fire-Eater" in 160, if you need a 320 of this I can go into storage and get the 45, as I don't think I have a WAV of it.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/176109777/Rusty_Bryant_-_Fire-Eater__45_Version_.mp3

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Very cool, I did not know that John. Thanks for dropping jewels.