LEVI'S JEANS AD 1972 (for the hell of it-related)

pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
This commercial used to get shown in MASSIVE rotation back in the time. It's from '72, but it kept running for about two or three years after. The stop-action filming and the goofy jingle ("Lee-hee-hee-hee-vis, HA! HA! Lee-hee-lee-hee-hee-vis, HA! HA!") used to always make me crack a smile when I was little. Thank God for Youtube:/b1 b, 21b, 21

b, 21b, 21It still amuses me as an adult, but there's one little detail I didn't pick up on back then: that kid and the elderly lady are on some serious Harold & Maude steez, there...the moral: wear Levi's and score with women fifty years older than you!!/b1

Comments

• I remember that one.b, 21Now someone find the old animated LifeSavers commercial where all the strange creatures were bopping to a reworked version of 'Hey Bo Diddley'....

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I remember that one.
    b, 21Now someone find the old animated LifeSavers commercial where all the strange creatures were bopping to a reworked version of 'Hey Bo Diddley'....
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I remember that one.
    b, 21Now someone find the old animated LifeSavers commercial where all the strange creatures were bopping to a reworked version of 'Hey Bo Diddley'....
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21You are the MAN! I've been wanting to show my sons that ad for a long time and could never turn it up. Thanks!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    He was wearing "Big E" Levi's. Today the "Big E" Levi's (pre-71 logo with an uppercase E) fetch top dollar.

• Yeah they do.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Remember when all ads would fade out and in? I guess that lost second cost really added up.

• also, that Levi's ad is slightly long by 2008 standards...of course, I'm digging every blessed minute of it, but I'm thinking that Joe Sixpack has a shorter attention span these days.