Five.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
[color:green1b]UP HIGH!b, 21 !--color--1/font1/b1 b, 211. Vacation./b1b, 21I'm off from 12/15 until 1/2. YES!!! I'm actually supposed to be in the 'Bay with a friend RIGHT NOW but I decided to use my money to buy some decent gifts for my immediate family. b, 21b/wb, 21If any of you Yay'reans have any decent gigs in the next day or two, let me know so I can send her your way.b, 21b, 212. Mo' Money./b1b, 21Boss called me in out of the blue a couple weeks ago to let me know I was getting a nice 1.5% raise, totally unrelated to my annual review which comes up in a couple months. Not much, but considering the times...b, 21b, 213. Freeway's Month Of Madness > HannuKwanzaMas./b1b, 21If you guys would quit hijacking my threads then maybe you could appreciate Freeway rappin' over "a href="http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=crates&Number=1243935&Searchpage=1&Main=1235763&Words=+Herm&topic=&Search=true#Post1243935" target="_blank"1Baby Come Back." Jerks.b, 21b, 214. Easy-money holiday gigs./b1b, 21No $10k corporate gigs here (unfortunately), but I'm making some decent Christmas money playing banda music for a graduation party and "golden-era" Hip Hop for an 18 yr old's bday party. The latter was for an aspiring (re: not very talented) kid whose rich dad threw a painting party. Bought a shitload of panels, Krylon and Rustos and paid me $100 an hour to play background music while him and his friends busted out sloppy ass throwups and illegible tags. All these high schoolers wanted to hear was stuff that came out when they were still using crayons. I'm okay with that!b, 21b, 215. Woodgrain Grippin' (IPhone-related)./b1b, 21b, 21img src="http://www.gearcrave.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/miniot-rear.jpg"1b, 21b, 21Yeah, I know...it doesn't actually protect the phone, but I'm more of a form-over-function dude anyways. Besides, tell me that ain't classy like Freddy Blassie! Now if I can only decide what to have a href="http://www.engraveyourtech.com/2008/06/26/my-wood-iphone-case-arrivedand-i-burned-it/" target="_blank"1laser-engraved on it...b, 21b, 21(Something tells me a Mike2600-designed logo would look fresh as hell!)b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21[color:red1b] DOWN LOW!/b1 !--color--1/font1b, 21b, 21Only one...b, 21b, 21If I'm forced to listen to holiday music while shopping, I wish it could at least be some traditional music instead of the faux-Hip Hop remixes.b, 21b, 21I know, I sound old.

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    5. Woodgrain Grippin' (IPhone-related)./b1b, 21b, 21img src="http://www.gearcrave.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/miniot-rear.jpg"1b, 21b, 21Yeah, I know...it doesn't actually protect the phone, but I'm more of a form-over-function dude anyways. Besides, tell me that ain't classy like Freddy Blassie! Now if I can only decide what to have a href="http://www.engraveyourtech.com/2008/06/26/my-wood-iphone-case-arrivedand-i-burned-it/" target="_blank"1laser-engraved on it...b, 21b, 21(Something tells me a Mike2600-designed logo would look fresh as hell!)b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21s1If When I finally get an iPhone this is img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sn.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21:imaginary Weezy face graemlin saying "muhfucka I'm illlll":

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    4. Easy-money holiday gigs./b1b, 21No $10k corporate gigs here (unfortunately), but I'm making some decent Christmas money playing banda music for a graduation party and "golden-era" Hip Hop for an 18 yr old's bday party. The latter was for an aspiring (re: not very talented) kid whose rich dad threw a painting party. Bought a shitload of panels, Krylon and Rustos and paid me $100 an hour to play background music while him and his friends busted out sloppy ass throwups and illegible tags. All these high schoolers wanted to hear was stuff that came out when they were still using crayons. I'm okay with that!b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1this sounds akward as hell.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    5. Woodgrain Grippin' (IPhone-related)./b1b, 21b, 21img src="http://www.gearcrave.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/miniot-rear.jpg"1b, 21b, 21Yeah, I know...it doesn't actually protect the phone, but I'm more of a form-over-function dude anyways. Besides, tell me that ain't classy like Freddy Blassie! Now if I can only decide what to have a href="http://www.engraveyourtech.com/2008/06/26/my-wood-iphone-case-arrivedand-i-burned-it/" target="_blank"1laser-engraved on it...b, 21b, 21(Something tells me a Mike2600-designed logo would look fresh as hell!)b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    s1If
    When I finally get an iPhone this is
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sn.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21:imaginary Weezy face graemlin saying "muhfucka I'm illlll":
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21looks like a dugout

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    4. Easy-money holiday gigs./b1b, 21No $10k corporate gigs here (unfortunately), but I'm making some decent Christmas money playing banda music for a graduation party and "golden-era" Hip Hop for an 18 yr old's bday party. The latter was for an aspiring (re: not very talented) kid whose rich dad threw a painting party. Bought a shitload of panels, Krylon and Rustos and paid me $100 an hour to play background music while him and his friends busted out sloppy ass throwups and illegible tags. All these high schoolers wanted to hear was stuff that came out when they were still using crayons. I'm okay with that!b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1this sounds akward as hell.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I thought it would be, but it was CAKE. I got free pizza, water and chocolate covered pretzels all night! They were all tight jeans-wearing kids who were very respectful and even helped load my equipment before and after.

• the good:b, 211. Winter break -- I never thought I would have 5 weeks off again in my life since finishing undergrad. But alas, grad school does it too.b, 21b, 212. Inauguration parties. If heads know what is good for them (ticket to the big day or not), they will get their asses to DC that weekend. I'm DJing with two if my DJ heroes and I am very excited. b, 21b, 213. 2009. Gonna be a good one, I predict.b, 21b, 214. free time. I haven't had any in a loooong while. It's gonna be nice. b, 21b, 215. Deep Roots Music. DVDs coming this week! Looking forward to winding down with this on.b, 21b, 21the less goodb, 211. death in 08. I've been lucky that I haven't had to deal with this in my life, but I lost friends and family this year. Here's to a healthier 09.b, 21b, 212. Bio statistics. It may be for some, but it is not for me.b, 21b, 213. Finals in general. Didn't miss them one bit.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21the good:
    b, 21
    b, 213. 2009. Gonna be a good one, I predict.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Can't be worse.b, 21b, 21/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 211. death in 08. I've been lucky that I haven't had to deal with this in my life, but I lost friends and family this year. Here's to a healthier 09.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21F*ck '08. Can't end soon enough.

• 1. No school for 2 weeksb, 212. Getting into collegesb, 213. Obama Inauguration coming upb, 214. buying rakkordsb, 215. $$$

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    white snowb, 21b, 211-finishing school today followed by a beer marinated fajitas feastb, 21b, 212-my job situation has improved immensly:named coordinator and i have about a month to make some major changes before we re-openb, 21b, 213- Time off..for the first time in over 5 years i can breath for a moment and work only on stuff i am passionate aboutb, 21b, 214- annoying ass roomate moved out her rom now is record roomb, 21b, 215- love of my life fiac??e and i are as strong as everb, 21b, 21b, 21grey slushb, 21b, 211- MUST FINISH EXAM AND GET OFF SSb, 21b, 21BONUS BEATb, 21b, 21i have left all my record orders land at my moms so i can have a heap when i visit for the holidaysb, 21b, 21my x-mas finds post will be stisfying (asking for an expedit as well)

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    .. .----. ...- . --. --- - .--- ..- ... - --- -. . ---... b, 21b, 21b, 21.. .-- .- ... .--. .-. --- -.. ..- -.-. .. -. --. .- .--. .... --- - --- ... .... --- --- - --- ..-. .-- --- -- . -. .----. ... -.-. .-.. --- - .... .. -. --. .- -. -.. .- - - .... . .-.. .- ... - -- .. -. ..- - . .-- . .-- . .-. . ... .... --- .-. - --- -. . .-.. .. -. --. . .-. .. . -- --- -.. . .-.. .-.-.- - .... . .- .-. - -.. .. .-. . -.-. - --- .-. .- ... -.- . -.. - --- ... . . ... --- -- . .-..-. - .- .-.. . -. - .-.-.- .-..-. .. -.-. .- .-.. .-.. . -.. - .... . .- --. . -. -.-. .. . ... .- -. -.. .... .- -.. .-- --- -- . -. -.-. --- -- . .. -. ..-. --- .-. -.-. .- ... - .. -. --. .-.-.- b, 21b, 21b, 21-- -.-- .--- --- -... -.--.- ..-. --- .-. -.. .- -- -. -. . .- .-. - .-- --- ... --- .-.. .. -.. -.. .- -.-- ... -.--.- .-- .- ... - --- .-- .- .. - .. -. - .... . .-.. --- ..- -. --. . .- ... .- ... - .-. . .- -- --- ..-. --. --- .-. --. . --- ..- ... .-- --- -- . -. .--. --- ..- .-. . -.. .. -. .-.-.- .. .----. -.. --. .. ...- . . .- -.-. .... .-- --- -- .- -. .- .--. .- -. - -.-- -....- -... .-. .- ... . - --..-- .- ... -.- - .... . -- - --- .--. ..- - .. - --- ..- - --..-- .- -. -.. - .... . -. - .- -.- . .- .--. .... --- - --- --. .-. .- .--. .... --- ..-. - .... . .. .-. .-..-. ..-. .-. --- -. - --..-- .-..-. - .... . .. .-. .- ... ... --..-- .- -. -.. - .... . .. .-. -... --- --- -... ... .-.-.- .. .----. -.. - .... .- -. -.- - .... . -- --- -.. . .-.. --..-- .-- .- .. - ..- -. - .. .-.. ... .... . --. --- - -.. .-. . ... ... . -.. --..-- .- -. -.. - .- -.- . .... . .-. -.-. .- .-. -.. .-.-.- b, 21b, 21b, 21.- ..-. - . .-. .- .-.. --- -. --. ... - .-. .. -. --. --- ..-. .-- --- -- . -. --..-- .-- . ..-. --- ..- -. -.. - .... . .--. . .-. ..-. . -.-. - .- ... ... .-.-.- b, 21b, 21b, 21.. -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. -. .----. - .... . .-.. .--. - .... .. -. -.- .. -. --. .- -... --- ..- - -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    -.-- --- ..- | .-.. ..- -.-. -.- -.-- | -... .- ... - .- .-. -..

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21.. .----. ...- . --. --- - .--- ..- ... - --- -. . ---...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21.. .-- .- ... .--. .-. --- -.. ..- -.-. .. -. --. .- .--. .... --- - --- ... .... --- --- - --- ..-. .-- --- -- . -. .----. ... -.-. .-.. --- - .... .. -. --. .- -. -.. .- - - .... . .-.. .- ... - -- .. -. ..- - . .-- . .-- . .-. . ... .... --- .-. - --- -. . .-.. .. -. --. . .-. .. . -- --- -.. . .-.. .-.-.- - .... . .- .-. - -.. .. .-. . -.-. - --- .-. .- ... -.- . -.. - --- ... . . ... --- -- . .-..-. - .- .-.. . -. - .-.-.- .-..-. .. -.-. .- .-.. .-.. . -.. - .... . .- --. . -. -.-. .. . ... .- -. -.. .... .- -.. .-- --- -- . -. -.-. --- -- . .. -. ..-. --- .-. -.-. .- ... - .. -. --. .-.-.-
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21-- -.-- .--- --- -... -.--.- ..-. --- .-. -.. .- -- -. -. . .- .-. - .-- --- ... --- .-.. .. -.. -.. .- -.-- ... -.--.- .-- .- ... - --- .-- .- .. - .. -. - .... . .-.. --- ..- -. --. . .- ... .- ... - .-. . .- -- --- ..-. --. --- .-. --. . --- ..- ... .-- --- -- . -. .--. --- ..- .-. . -.. .. -. .-.-.- .. .----. -.. --. .. ...- . . .- -.-. .... .-- --- -- .- -. .- .--. .- -. - -.-- -....- -... .-. .- ... . - --..-- .- ... -.- - .... . -- - --- .--. ..- - .. - --- ..- - --..-- .- -. -.. - .... . -. - .- -.- . .- .--. .... --- - --- --. .-. .- .--. .... --- ..-. - .... . .. .-. .-..-. ..-. .-. --- -. - --..-- .-..-. - .... . .. .-. .- ... ... --..-- .- -. -.. - .... . .. .-. -... --- --- -... ... .-.-.- .. .----. -.. - .... .- -. -.- - .... . -- --- -.. . .-.. --..-- .-- .- .. - ..- -. - .. .-.. ... .... . --. --- - -.. .-. . ... ... . -.. --..-- .- -. -.. - .- -.- . .... . .-. -.-. .- .-. -.. .-.-.-
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21.- ..-. - . .-. .- .-.. --- -. --. ... - .-. .. -. --. --- ..-. .-- --- -- . -. --..-- .-- . ..-. --- ..- -. -.. - .... . .--. . .-. ..-. . -.-. - .- ... ... .-.-.-
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21.. -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. -. .----. - .... . .-.. .--. - .... .. -. -.- .. -. --. .- -... --- ..- - -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Hey, that reminds me of a probably-not-true story I read about Cary Grant: Grant is on the dancefloor with his lady (well, you know, "his" lady) at some high-toned affair when the clasp of her necklace breaks and the necklace falls down into her gown. She???s mortified at the prospect of having to walk back to her seat at the end of the dance looking anything less than fully together, so Grant--ever the gentleman--says not to worry, that he???ll surreptitiously fish it out of her dress while they???re dancing, that no one will notice. After multiple minutes of trying to be smooth about rooting around underneath all that fabric, he sees that people are beginning to notice and whisper. Flustered and embarrassed, he says to her, ???Well, I feel quite the ass.??? She hisses back, ???Never mind the compliments???just find the necklace!???b, 21b, 21Anyway:b, 21b, 21-- ???Oh Fernanda Why??? ??? Arthur Russellb, 21???I wrote myself a letter / instead of writing you???The best of me is still alone.???b, 21b, 21-- ???What Did He Say??? ??? Nite Jewelb, 21Hey there, quiet girl. Most of this thing is deep in the umbra, but there are these minor outbreaks of clear, metallic complaint from the keyboards that really perco/ulate the atmosphere. It expands ever into its own milky infinity.b, 21b, 21-- ???Go Bang (Walter Gibbons Mix)??? ??? Dinosaur Lb, 21The first few minutes introduce all the donors--electric-piano ripple, nice bumpy bass, sharp drums, and a strangely aggressive shaker that sounds like a tin camping cup full of loose teeth--but around 3:30, everything pulls back for a tense half-minute of wincing kick-snare and some distant guitar choke, just before the tune???s full body rises off the slab and into the good light. You can tell this was remixed by a drummer.b, 21b, 21-- ???Dazz (The Def Mix)??? ??? Brick/Latin Rascals b, 21Recommended to fans of B. Cause???s incredible ???Let It Whip??? remix. Like that one, this one takes one particular thread of the song--the vague, hypnotic insistence--and separates it completely from its foot-stomping feel-good counterbalance, making it the basis of a whole dark world of worry. It???s got those sad, epic freestyle synths in it, and they just hound the whole thing. The flute solo (Oh no--the flute solo, too? My beautiful, beautiful flute solo?) gets chopped into caged bird. I have absolutely no idea who this record was made to appeal to back in 1987. b, 21b, 21-- ???Take Me Home Tonight??? ??? Eddie Moneyb, 21Yeah, that???s right. Fuck y???all want? The sound is incredible, and that chorus is a lot crunchier than I remember. You know what, you don???t even have to feel me on this. I don???t even care. One of these days I???m gonna just kick everything over and go Kid Leo--grow it out, crank that WMMS, and vanish back into the feathered weave of the eighties. b, 21b, 21(Ask Pickwick: The Video For Eddie Money???s ???Take Me Home Tonight??? Edition: Pickwick, do you recall there being any libidinal confusion on the part of the broader music-listening/video-watching populace back in '86 when the theretofore mysterious Hot Chick in this video was revealed at the end to be the mighty-healthy-but-still-vaguely-grandmotherly Ronnie Spector? I remember some difficult-to-process feelings myself, but I'm wondering if the collective monkey was similarly shocked.)b, 21b, 21b, 21Bonus Beat:b, 21b, 21-- ???Fix me a plate???b, 21This isn???t a song, but is something that my man Carroll used to say a lot, usually in reference to a) something he didn???t understand and thus wanted you to lay out for him (???I don???t get this rap stuff I hear on the car radio, James???why don???t you fix me a plate????), or b) an attractive lady walking past (???Oooh, lord???fix me a plate???). I thought of it this morning and it made me smile.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21That's all. I???m keeping my downs to myself today.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Hey, that reminds me of a probably-not-true story I read about Cary Grant: Grant is on the dancefloor with his lady (well, you know, "his" lady) at some high-toned affair when the clasp of her necklace breaks and the necklace falls down into her gown. She???s mortified at the prospect of having to walk back to her seat at the end of the dance looking anything less than fully together, so Grant--ever the gentleman--says not to worry, that he???ll surreptitiously fish it out of her dress while they???re dancing, that no one will notice. After multiple minutes of trying to be smooth about rooting around underneath all that fabric, he sees that people are beginning to notice and whisper. Flustered and embarrassed, he says to her, ???Well, I feel quite the ass.??? She hisses back, ???Never mind the compliments???just find the necklace!???
    b, 21
    b, 21Anyway:
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh thats great. thats like a story that the old folks tell.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21-- ???Take Me Home Tonight??? ??? Eddie Money
    b, 21Yeah, that???s right. F*ck y???all want? The sound is incredible, and that chorus is a lot crunchier than I remember. You know what, you don???t even have to feel me on this. I don???t even care. One of these days I???m gonna just kick everything over and go Kid Leo--grow it out, crank that WMMS, and vanish back into the feathered weave of the eighties.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I'm no Eddie Money fan, but "T.M.H.T." is a major guilty pleasure of mine. I was reading James' post and thinking, "F*ck, I DO feel you on this and I'm gonna respond anyway!" Then I see his shoutout to me in the next paragraph, so either great minds are thinking alike or we've discussed this before.b, 21b, 21/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21(Ask Pickwick: The Video For Eddie Money???s ???Take Me Home Tonight??? Edition: Pickwick, do you recall there being any libidinal confusion on the part of the broader music-listening/video-watching populace back in '86 when the theretofore mysterious Hot Chick in this video was revealed at the end to be the mighty-healthy-but-still-vaguely-grandmotherly Ronnie Spector? I remember some difficult-to-process feelings myself, but I'm wondering if the collective monkey was similarly shocked.)
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I don't remember any confusion, just elated surprise (especially from those in the baby-boomer age range). Ronnie Spector was already in her forties by then, and was still in good shape. So no one was fazed that this apparent cougar was being serenaded by Eddie Money. I think the general reaction was more like: img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blap.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21.. .----. ...- . --. --- - .--- ..- ... - --- -. . ---...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21.. .-- .- ... .--. .-. --- -.. ..- -.-. .. -. --. .- .--. .... --- - --- ... .... --- --- - --- ..-. .-- --- -- . -. .----. ... -.-. .-.. --- - .... .. -. --. .- -. -.. .- - - .... . .-.. .- ... - -- .. -. ..- - . .-- . .-- . .-. . ... .... --- .-. - --- -. . .-.. .. -. --. . .-. .. . -- --- -.. . .-.. .-.-.- - .... . .- .-. - -.. .. .-. . -.-. - --- .-. .- ... -.- . -.. - --- ... . . ... --- -- . .-..-. - .- .-.. . -. - .-.-.- .-..-. .. -.-. .- .-.. .-.. . -.. - .... . .- --. . -. -.-. .. . ... .- -. -.. .... .- -.. .-- --- -- . -. -.-. --- -- . .. -. ..-. --- .-. -.-. .- ... - .. -. --. .-.-.-
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21-- -.-- .--- --- -... -.--.- ..-. --- .-. -.. .- -- -. -. . .- .-. - .-- --- ... --- .-.. .. -.. -.. .- -.-- ... -.--.- .-- .- ... - --- .-- .- .. - .. -. - .... . .-.. --- ..- -. --. . .- ... .- ... - .-. . .- -- --- ..-. --. --- .-. --. . --- ..- ... .-- --- -- . -. .--. --- ..- .-. . -.. .. -. .-.-.- .. .----. -.. --. .. ...- . . .- -.-. .... .-- --- -- .- -. .- .--. .- -. - -.-- -....- -... .-. .- ... . - --..-- .- ... -.- - .... . -- - --- .--. ..- - .. - --- ..- - --..-- .- -. -.. - .... . -. - .- -.- . .- .--. .... --- - --- --. .-. .- .--. .... --- ..-. - .... . .. .-. .-..-. ..-. .-. --- -. - --..-- .-..-. - .... . .. .-. .- ... ... --..-- .- -. -.. - .... . .. .-. -... --- --- -... ... .-.-.- .. .----. -.. - .... .- -. -.- - .... . -- --- -.. . .-.. --..-- .-- .- .. - ..- -. - .. .-.. ... .... . --. --- - -.. .-. . ... ... . -.. --..-- .- -. -.. - .- -.- . .... . .-. -.-. .- .-. -.. .-.-.-
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21.- ..-. - . .-. .- .-.. --- -. --. ... - .-. .. -. --. --- ..-. .-- --- -- . -. --..-- .-- . ..-. --- ..- -. -.. - .... . .--. . .-. ..-. . -.-. - .- ... ... .-.-.-
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21.. -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. -. .----. - .... . .-.. .--. - .... .. -. -.- .. -. --. .- -... --- ..- - -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21.--. .-.. . .- ... . / - --- / .--. --- ... - / .--. .. -.-. ... .-.-.- -.--. -- --- -.. . .-.. / -... --- --- - -.-- / .. ... / - -.-- .--. .. -.-. .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / ... -- .- .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.. / ..-. .-.. .- - --..-- / -. --- ..--.. / ..- -. .-.. . ... ... / .-- . .----. .-. . / - .- .-.. -.- .. -. --. / -.- .. -. --. / -- .- --. .- --.. .. -. . -.-.--

• 1. actually thought of a good one (hence me posting in this thread):b, 21 randomly running into people, at the right time, who owe me money. This has happened twice in the past week! The first time, i didn't even remember he owed me cash! Then, last night, ran into my homie who's owed me loot constantly as of late, who, unprovoked, coughed up trip-digit cash for me! he still owes me a little more, but i was stoked! thank you, karma!b, 21b, 212. ok, onto the standard stuff: it's Friday! gonna be mad busy this weekend, but it should be a fun oneb, 21b, 213. holiday time off- no day job for almost 2 weeks!!!b, 21b, 214. absolutely slammin gig last weekend, on the basis of which the club offered us a regular night, as i just found out. hope we can reach a proper business agreement...b, 21b, 215. Steelers football. with all kinds of other fun stuff going on, this is still the most exciting and anticipated part of the week. unlike last year, we're playing better down the stretch, and i feel like even the best teams in the league are shook when they think about going up against us (bring it, Tennessee!)

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    that chorus is a lot crunchier than I remember.
    Upon further review (yeah, that's right--further review of Eddie fucking Money, you suckers), I think I've figured out part of the reason why: The way the vocals are mic'ed picks up this little hiss just before the hard "t"s that begin "take" and "tonight." It creates this glottal sizzle that really just gives it something extra. Like the way Sly Stone is mic'ed on There's A Riot Goin' On so that you can hear his lips smack and it sounds like he's actually singing from inside the hollow of your jaw, or the way Billy Paul is mic'ed on "Me And Mrs. Jones" so that it picks up the way he holds the second "m" longer than usual so it almost comes out sounding like "Bissus Jones" and it gives the whole chorus this little plosive push. A while back, someone here posted a video of the drummer on Steely Dan's "Peg" (Steve Gadd?) explaining how impressed he was that the engineer was able to pick up the little invisible breaths between his cymbal hits. Some dudes on here clowned, but please believe, ghosty shit like that makes a difference.

I realize fully that I am typing this mostly for myself. What's up, james. I can't believe you're wearing that shirt today.

Oh, and let me save some theoretical little dude some time:

glottal sizzle
    DUDE?!