STRANGE MUSIC-RELATED DREAMS...REVISITED!!!

pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Last night, I dreamt that I was working at a local entertainment magazine. Somebody announces that Bobby "Blue" Bland has retired, and they're showing off his old pistol (you know, all them R&B cats back then packed pistols!). I'm looking at it, just checking it out, and the next thing I know the thing is circulating 'round the room, as everybody takes a turn pretending they're gunslingers.b, 21 b, 21The gun winds up on the lobby floor. Just so nobody gets hurt, I take the gun and stash it somewhere on my desktop. At that exact moment, two security guys bust through the door, wondering where the gun is. No one claims to have seen it. After a few minutes of this, I tell them that it is on my desk, that we'll be running a photo of it in a spread to celebrate Bobby Bland's career, etc..b, 21 b, 21Next thing I know, I get charged with possession of a weapon, and the cops write my court date on a Post-It. I am shocked, so after work, I take a Chicago subway train to Memphis, TN, which is where I always go (in my dream) when I need to do some thinking. Ishould add that in this dream, Memphis is only an hour and a half away from Chicago, and I go there often.b, 21b, 21I wanna go to the Admiral and drown my sorrows in a cheeseburger and shake, but before I do that, I stop off at Shangri-La Records. Hook-Up wasn't there, nor was Shingaling, but Dick Gregory has just gotten through doing an in-store. And he is EXTREMELY happy that Obama is president.b, 21 b, 21So, I'm biding my time looking through a stack of 45's and (a) wondering how I'm gonna get out of this mess, and (b) hoping the girl's number I got at a party the night before is still in my pocket...

Comments