SAN FRANCISCO BAY! Texan rolling through

nrichnrich 932 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Hey San Francisco Strutter Fam:
I will be in your area August 3-9.
I'm looking to meet up and hang out with some of you folls while I'm out there.
I'm sure I'll buy some records here and there, but I am primarily interested in enjoying the sites and the food out in your fair city... and checking out some music and getting drunk.

Give me a shout if any of ya'll have time to show a brother around.
Also, are there any dj nights worth checking out?
Suggestions of places worth seeing, post 'em here.

I'll also be dj'ing at our very own Coolhands wedding on the 6th north of San Fran, so I'll have some records in tow & if any folks need a guest dj one of those nights I'll gladly oblidge(in return you'll have a place to crash in Tejas and a guest dj slot any time!)... A real honest-to-goodness Soul Strut Exchange Program??!
I can bring trades along too if you let me know ahead of time.

Any ambassadors to San Francisco just PM info to me and I'll get in touch

Comments

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    what are some good thai spots or taco joints?

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Shit my boy took me to some good Thai spot near mission but the name sliped my mind

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    for records, talk to the dude, justin torres [jinx74]. or just go to groove merchant and im sure youll run into a few "strutters" there.

for thai and tacos, go to LA.

really, ive never been a fan of either in SF. but if i were to get thai, id go with the ones along geary in the outer richmond. that's geary blvd. past park/presidio. cant remember the names but some of them have ornate woodcarved booths and shit. the one im thinking of is around geary & 25th ave? its gotta a dirty name like poon or something like that.

tacos, i wont even go there as it will be the end of the beginning of the end of the longest taco shop war in recent history. there's a guatemalan joint on 20th st. [?] and mission called san miguel and they have a delicious fried tilapia fish and their salsa will burn a whole in your body. sun dont risk it.

oakland has a great cambodian restaurant on broadway and about 8th called "battambang". i'd try it as there arent a whole lot of cambodian restaurants anywhere. very similar to thai.

and my joint, "la torta loca" makes thee best tortas and huaraches ive ever had. but that aint saying all that much. the place is on international near fruitvale. you'll see it, its got a big awning that says "LA TORTA LOCA".

• spaceghostspaceghost 605 Posts
    i'm not from sf but i have yet to have good mexican food in sf. head south young man.

you can find some dope chinese food joints, but a dude i know who lived in the bay just recently told me that he prefers chinese spots in socal.

there are some pretty good slices there.

• spaceghostspaceghost 605 Posts
    tacos, i wont even go there as it will be the end of the beginning of the end of the longest taco shop war in recent history.

oops i think i just went there...

is this the ill-fated godfather 3 people were dreading in the ttl record review thread?

i just remembered the name of that thai joint. its called "khan toke" not a dirty name but i remember i liked the name.

tacos, i wont even go there as it will be the end of the beginning of the end of the longest taco shop war in recent history.

oops i think i just went there...

is this the ill-fated godfather 3 people were dreading in the ttl record review thread?

i was thinking more along the lines of the "ernest" movies, but godfather works too.

which reminds me, that northern chinese joint on irving and like 11th ave or so. i cant remember the name but im sure jinxy will gladly take you there as it is one of the best chinese restaurants ever and i believe his [soon to be] wifey's ex-pad was right above that joint.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    what are some good thai spots or taco joints?

hit the mission district for the mexian grub... i used to stay around there, lots of really dope spots to eat.

peace.

^SAM TUNG!!![/b]

fuck im slowly forgetting all that is good.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    ^SAM TUNG!!![/b]

fuck im slowly forgetting all that is good.

Go there with Justin and your $100 tab will miraculously turn into a $30 tab...

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    alright, I've got the food down on lock, thanks for the suggestions.

Now, what are some good nights to go see while I'm out there?
    Hogginthefogg?
    P-Ro?
    Kingmost?

anyone else with nights out there?

Drop some suggestions

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    alright, I've got the food down on lock, thanks for the suggestions.

Now, what are some good nights to go see while I'm out there?

Hogginthefogg?

P-Ro?

Kingmost?

anyone else with nights out there?

Drop some suggestions

Sup Nrich:

I'm deejaying a very early slot August 5th @ Milk. "P-Ro" aka B-Cause will be in the house that night as well.

PM If you want more info ( I can't think of anything right now) also whats kind of parties you trying to check out?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    What's up, Tex?

Aug 3-9 is kinda hectic for me. I'm getting married on the 13th and family starts to pour into town on the 6th (pray for me). I'm not playing anywhere for a few weeks, but I might be around for some lunch action. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you my coordinates. I live pretty close to Groove Merchant, too, so maybe I can walk up there and meet you/grab a beer/show you the other nice lil' rackord store in that area (Rooky's).

- Ross

PS You bringin' any Big Red? Ha! Don't bother, I'm sure my brother will bring me a six-pack.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    yo Phonics,

I'll try to make it out on the 5th. what time are ya'll starting?

HoggFogg - Congrats homie! Marriage is hectic (the actual ceremony) but worth it... all the best.

I'll be around Groove Merchant for shizzle... I'll shout at cha. If you need some Big Red I'll grab some. It tastes like bubble gum soda!

All the best

any other NorCal strutters wanna holler, best do that. kick a shout out at your hommie!!!!!! WOERD?!?!?!?!

What else going on in that mo fo??????!!!?!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

I'll also be dj'ing at our very own Coolhands wedding on the 6th north of San Fran

hey n*t*an-

that's awesome. CONGRATS DAVE!!!! i'm sure the wedding will be beautiful!!! Nothing but warm wishes coming from the EZ for you and your girl.

Have a great time in the bay. definitely get in touch with Justin and stop by the Groove Merchant. you know the deal.

But more importantly, relax and enjoy your vacation. go to Point Reyes if you can swing it (just don't go in the water, great white sharks, seriously).

I completely meant to call you and thank you for offering your home to me during the hurricane scare down on the gulf coast. I really appreciate it.

If not before, i hope to see you in October for Austin!!!

Challah.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

I'll also be dj'ing at our very own Coolhands wedding on the 6th north of San Fran

hey n*t*an-

that's awesome. CONGRATS DAVE!!!! i'm sure the wedding will be beautiful!!! Nothing but warm wishes coming from the EZ for you and your girl.

Have a great time in the bay. definitely get in touch with Justin and stop by the Groove Merchant. you know the deal.

But more importantly, relax and enjoy your vacation. go to Point Reyes if you can swing it (just don't go in the water, great white sharks, seriously).

I completely meant to call you and thank you for offering your home to me during the hurricane scare down on the gulf coast. I really appreciate it.

If not before, i hope to see you in October for Austin!!!

Challah.

yo A**, glad you didn't get flooded out of Swampville.
    Thanks for the suggestions. October will creep up fast... psych moves will be in effect soon. holler if you roll through before then

Shalom holmes