I Wanna Beat These People (SS Catnip R)

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
If they are proving a pt, they assholes. If they're racists, ditto. b, 21b1b, 21EASTON, Pa. ??? The father of 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell, denied a birthday cake with the child's full name on it by one New Jersey supermarket, is asking for a little tolerance. Heath Campbell and his wife, Deborah, are upset not only with the decision made by the Greenwich ShopRite, but with an outpouring of angry Internet postings in response to a local newspaper article over the weekend on their flare-up over frosting.b, 21b, 21"I think people need to take their heads out of the cloud they've been in and start focusing on the future and not on the past," Heath Campbell said Tuesday in an interview conducted in Easton, on the other side of the Delaware River from where the family lives in Hunterdon County, N.J.b, 21b, 21"There's a new president and he says it's time for a change; well, then it's time for a change," the 35-year-old continued. "They need to accept a name. A name's a name. The kid isn't going to grow up and do what (Hitler) did."b, 21b, 21Deborah Campbell, 25, said she phoned in her order last week to the ShopRite. When she told the bakery department she wanted her son's name spelled out, she was told to talk to a supervisor, who denied the request.b, 21b, 21A store manager at ShopRite referred questions to a corporate spokeswoman who did not immediately return a phone message Tuesday. But spokeswoman Karen Meleta told The Easton Express-Times for Sunday's editions that the store considered Campbell's request inappropriate.b, 21b, 21The Campbells ultimately got their cake decorated at a Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania, Deborah Campbell said. About 12 people attended the birthday party on Sunday, including several children who were of mixed race, according to Heath Campbell.b, 21b, 21"If we're so racist, then why would I have them come into my home?" he asked.b, 21b, 21The Campbells' other two children also have unusual names: JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell turns 2 in a few months and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell will be 1 in April.b, 21b, 21Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name." He sounded surprised by all the controversy the dispute had generated.b, 21b, 21Campbell said his ancestors are German and that he has lived his entire life in Hunterdon County. On Tuesday he wore a pair of black boots he said were worn by a German soldier during World War II.b, 21b, 21He said he was raised not to avoid people of other races but not to mix with them socially or romantically. But he said he would try to raise his children differently.b, 21b, 21"Say he grows up and hangs out with black people. That's fine, I don't really care," he said. "That's his choice."/b1

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I thought this was from the Onion but nope, real. b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21You gotta feel sorry for that kid though.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Nothing makes sense anymore

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I hope this is just a good hoax. Otherwise I am really questioning the name system in the US. I thought you were not able to officially give your child this name anywhere in the world. b, 21b, 21On a related nazi note: in my town, nazis are now allowed to have a demonstration through the city on christmas morning/b1!!!!b, 21Our mayor and the Aachen peace price award comitee!! (check a href="http://www.aachener-friedenspreis.de/english/english.html)" target="_blank"1http://www.aachener-friedenspreis.de/english/english.html) have decided to go for the strategy of "actively ignoring" them, i.e., doing nothing! Can you believe that? Of course there will be counterdemos all over the place. Luckily so. But the fact that the peace price comitee, which usually gives the price to people who take risks to ensure freedom, is also agreeing with that strategy, leaves me strictly puzzled (dumb mayor is another thing). We all know what "ignoring nazis" once led to in this country. I still can't believe it. Damn...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Here's the thing, it's not the being allowed to name a child Adolph Hitler that's getting at me,you should be allowed to do it, it's just that they went ahead and named him that. It's a f*cking dick move that is more a function of people proving pts and being attention starved.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21You gotta feel sorry for that kid though.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Fark yeah!! Those kids who are brought up and brainwashed to hate people!! Don't get me wrong, i dislike my fair share of people but i came to the decision myself and the only category they tend to fall under is that of "DICKS".... b, 21Anywho- this ish just annoys me!! Was actually thinking of something similar the other day! Drove passed Adolf St in melbourne and even though it has been around since long b4 hitler it got me thinking about if that name "adolf" was still in use?? I mean adolf was a pretty common name back then and adolf loos was a great designer who is still appreciated but i couldn't see how any one post wwii could even consider putting that on a child!! it woulda been better if the doode had owned it and said i'm a fricken rascit "aryan brotherhood" dick but to try and say that a name is a name and it means nadda and he wants acceptance and tolerance??? Why would you do that to your kid?? and not just one but fricken "aryan nation campbell" too!! C'mon!!b, 21Ok- rant over.....just gets me ef-ed off!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 He said he was raised not to avoid people of other races but not to mix with them socially or romantically. But he said he would try to raise his children differently
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1 b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/walkawaysonfinal.gif" alt="" 21

• I hope no one is actually taking this story seriously.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 He said he was raised not to avoid people of other races but not to mix with them socially or romantically. But he said he would try to raise his children differently
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/walkawaysonfinal.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Exactly!! b, 21If you were unfortunate enough to be raised that way AND then be "smart enough" to realise that you wanted something different for your kids then WHY name em those shiteous names!! IDIOT (was meant to read napoleon dynamite-esque)!! img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/talib-doodoo.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I hope no one is actually taking this story seriously.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I HOPE IT'S NOT SERIOUS!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Did you hear that, people of other races?b, 21b, 21You're going to have an opportunity to mix socially--and possibly even romantically--with this dude's son!b, 21b, 21Your time hath come!

• [classic soulstrut]b-b-b-b-ut what's the big deal? I don't see race! [/classic soulstrut]

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Did you hear that, people of other races?
    b, 21
    b, 21You're going to have an opportunity to mix socially--and possibly even romantically--with this dude's son!
    b, 21
    b, 21Your time hath come!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21**added to the list of things made better by Obama's election**

• My wife sent me this story yesterday via the Cake Wrecks Blog:b, 21a href="http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/12/you-just-cant-buy-that-kind-of.html" target="_blank"1Cake Wrecks/a1b, 21b, 21Elsie, I have been meaning to post up this blog link for you, but figured you already know about it. If you haven't seen it, it is a hoot.b, 21b, 21Here is the article they are citing:b, 21a href="http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/today/index.ssf/2008/12/holland_township_family_angry.html" target="_blank"1The Express-Times/a1b, 21b, 21So, yeah... I take this story seriously. These clowns better home school their children because I will bet that little Adolf is in line for a series of beat downs by his public school classmates otherwise. b, 21b, 21Oh course they double damn the kid by saddling him with a mullet hair cut:b, 21b, 21img src="http://blog.lehighvalleylive.com/today_impact/2008/12/medium_acampbell.JPG"1 b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nagl2.gif" alt="" 21 b, 21b, 21Parents of the year.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    LOL at "If I was racist, why would I have them in my house" b/w "If he grows up and hangs around with black people...that's his choice." b, 21b, 21"That's _____ choice" being the universal euphemism for "I am completely against that shit but am trying to look tolerant." b, 21b, 21b, 21Also, who puts a kid's full name on a birthday cake? Talk about real world troll moves.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Family in question:b, 21 img src="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00450/hitler_cake385_450482a.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21"The couple's other two children are named JoyceLynn b1Aryan Nation/b1 Campbell and b1Honszlynn Hinler/b1 Jeannie Campbell."

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I don't get the Honszlynn Hinler one? is that a bad name too? b, 21b, 21not the cutest name for a girl but I'm asleep on what it refers to

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I don't get the Honszlynn Hinler one? is that a bad name too?
    b, 21
    b, 21not the cutest name for a girl but I'm asleep on what it refers to
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21A misspelling of Himmler, I think. a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Himmler" target="_blank"1Heinrich Himmler/a1

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Hinler was the leader of the SS.b, 21b, 21Edit: Maybe DB_cooper is right. They're not the smartest racists.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Or a feminized version of Heinrich Himmler...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Or a feminized version of Heinrich Himmler...
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Wouldn't that be Hermler, though?

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21A misspelling of Himmler, I think.
    a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Himmler" target="_blank"1Heinrich Himmler
    /a1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21ah, got it.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Wouldn't that be Hermler, though?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21Yeah, following the feminist model (history/herstory)--or maybe even Wimmler. And if Heinrich is the German form of Henry, then they should have gone with Heinrietta.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Yeah, following the feminist model (history/herstory)--or maybe even Wimmler. And if Heinrich is the German form of Henry, then they should have gone with Heinrietta.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21heinrietta? why would they want to burden the kid with such a terrible name?

• my down stairs nieghhbors had two kids one they called "baby" and the other ones name was "aryan"... b, 21b, 21fuskin dipwads...

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Why's it got to be herpes, why can't it be himpes

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Why's it got to be herpes, why can't it be himpes
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1 b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/badassbuddy_com-drummer2.gif" alt="" 21

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Did you hear that, people of other races?
    b, 21
    b, 21You're going to have an opportunity to mix socially--and possibly even romantically--with this dude's son!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yeah sure, and Hunterdon County, New Jersey is so racially and ethnically diverse (Hunterdon County demographics):b, 21b, 21RACE AND ETHNICITY Number Pct b, 21White 114,563 93.9 b, 21Black or African American 2,743 2.2 b, 21American Indian and Alaska native 169 0.1 b, 21Asian 2,348 1.9 b, 21Native Hawaiian and other Pacific islander 35 0.0 b, 21Some other race 921 0.8 b, 21Two or more races 1,210 1.0 b, 21Hispanic or Latino 3,371 2.8 b, 21 b, 21Sources: U.S. Census Bureau, 2000 Censusb, 21b, 21GTFOOHWTBS!!!!b, 21b, 21Peace,b, 21b, 21Big Stacks from Kakalak

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,898 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Why's it got to be herpes, why can't it be himpes
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Sung to the tune of "Colonel Bogey":b, 21Hitler... has only got one ballb, 21Rommel... has two but ver-y smallb, 21Himmler... has something sim'larb, 21And poor old Goebels... Has no balls... at allb, 21b, 21That's how we remember it. Insel Affes that we are.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    What is really fucked up is that people like this can make babies but they can'tb, 21make a frickin' cake.