Five-O

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
In between studying for my finals, I've been watching episodes of Hawaii Five-O on CBS.com and they are the absolute shit. I forgot how good those shows were. The writing and acting are good to VG+, the locations and the nostalgia factor are excellent. The color in the prints is eyepopping when you see that blue Hawaiin sky. The cars are all cherry, and they dress slicker than MadMen. And the plots usually involve druged out hippies, (Captain Steuben plays a drug-dealer named "Big Chicken" in "They Painted Daisy on his Coffin") or doods in hairpieces. So far, my favorite is "Uptight" which involves a speedcooking drug guru professor ala Tim Leary, has mindscrambled acidheads in a hospital psychward do the whole "our minds are now fried" thing, and even uses a psychedlic kalaidoscopic lense for the tripping scenes. I'm telling you - it just doesn't get any better if you have 51 minutes to kill.

Comments

• I'm saving the two-part episode for a special occasion.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    img src="http://www.sanfranciscosentinel.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/streets-of-san-francisco-3.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21All the greatness of "Hawaii Five-O" -- but with more pedigree.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    They're supposed to be remaking "Hawaii 5-0" for television.b, 21b, 21*sigh*

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21They're supposed to be remaking "Hawaii 5-0" for television.
    b, 21
    b, 21*sigh*
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1shame!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21my favorite is "Uptight" which involves a speedcooking drug guru professor ala Tim Leary, has mindscrambled acidheads in a hospital psychward do the whole "our minds are now fried" thing, and even uses a psychedlic kalaidoscopic lense for the tripping scenes.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yes! This episode is SO TOTALLY RAD.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21In between studying for my finals, I've been watching episodes of Hawaii Five-O on CBS.com and they are the absolute shit. I forgot how good those shows were. The writing and acting are good to VG+, the locations and the nostalgia factor are excellent. The color in the prints is eyepopping when you see that blue Hawaiin sky. The cars are all cherry, and they dress slicker than MadMen. And the plots usually involve druged out hippies, (Captain Steuben plays a drug-dealer named "Big Chicken" in "They Painted Daisy on his Coffin") or doods in hairpieces. So far, my favorite is "Uptight" which involves a speedcooking drug guru professor ala Tim Leary, has mindscrambled acidheads in a hospital psychward do the whole "our minds are now fried" thing, and even uses a psychedlic kalaidoscopic lense for the tripping scenes. I'm telling you - it just doesn't get any better if you have 51 minutes to kill.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21I never thought I'd see the day..something we agree on. Five-O was the SHIT, especially Kono as Zulu (or was it the other way round) and Kam Fong as Chin Ho. Loved that show, watched a lot of it in first run. Big Chicken was a recurring character, as was Ross Martin from 'The Wild Wild West' as a native Hawaiin gangster named Duke.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 especially Kono as Zulu (or was it the other way round) and Kam Fong as Chin Ho.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Every time, I ask my wife. Why? WHY? Why didn't they just use their own damn names?