Do you guys eat Oatmeal?

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
I just had my first bowl of it in well over a decade...The first couple bights were good, but after that not img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" 21. How do yall enjoy this? I just added salt and it tasted marginally better. Should I approach it like bread or rice? Like cereal? What should I eat with it? Any brands you recommend? Is eating it plain a bad idea?b, 21b, 21Drop your Oatmeal knowledge.

Comments

• i eat 1/2 cup every morning dude, img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/raw.gif" alt="" 21 as fusk in a blender with some banana and protein powder.

• If you're going to cook it i suggest a bit of salt and honey for that sweet/salty effect. maybe a pad of butter to give it some more flavor.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Is milk added to that mix?

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Granola is Oatmeal for Grown Folks.b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headz.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21b, 21Or wait...is Oatmeal the Granola for really, really Grown Folks....?

• I fux with it. the generic Safeway packets or the Quaker joints. I go for the no sugar added kind. I know it's not the healthiest outmeal option but it's always on sale at Safeway and it sustains me well morning through lunch.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    This is the last straw. b, 21b, 21I'm calling in a priest to perform an exorcism on this board.b, 21b, 21God help me I hope it's not too late.

• I hadn't had some in a few months, but did the other day. Great stuff.b, 21b, 21a href="http://www.mrbreakfast.com/article.asp?articleid=27" target="_blank"1http://www.mrbreakfast.com/article.asp?articleid=27/a1

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Is milk added to that mix?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21yeah, skim milk or 2%

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    since when is oatmeal not good? i F*ck with Cream of Wheat too

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21This is the last straw.
    b, 21
    b, 21I'm calling in a priest to perform an exorcism on this board.
    b, 21
    b, 21God help me I hope it's not too late.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Why are my posts always the last straw? lolb, 21b, 21I have a whole box of this shit left, I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO EAT THIS SHIT.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    img src="http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q181/buttbot/CopyofOats002.jpg"1b, 21b, 21But, you gotta mix something else in there.b, 21b, 21I hook up one and a half cups with a half scoop of chocolate protein powder and milk in it for breakfast on weekdays.b, 21b, 21Good way to get your calories in when working out, too.

• My wife cooks it up with blueberries, cranberries, walnuts and almonds pon it.b, 21b, 21img src="http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/6285/carlke7.gif"1

• Ah oatmeal- you can eat it, slather it over your face, take a bath with it...what can you NOT do with it?b, 21b, 21I love my oatmeal this way: Cooked w/a 60/40 combo of water and soy milk, then topped off with kosher salt and grade B maple syrup. I love oatmeal this way- sweet and a little salty. b, 21b, 21My boyfriend HATES it this way, he seriously yuks my yum all the time on this. b, 21b, 21He makes it with raisins and whole milk.b, 21b, 21When time management isn't an issue (when is it not)- I'll go for steel cut oats- they taste good and make my jaw work, but the chances of me having 30+ minutes to prepare and eat a breakfast doesn't really happen...ever...

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Is milk added to that mix?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21you sound yellow and disconnected!

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21My wife cooks it up with blueberries, cranberries, walnuts and almonds pon it.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21frickin love that avatar.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21i F*ck with Cream of Wheat too
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yes, this has made a surprising comeback in my adult life.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21i eat 1/2 cup every morning dude,
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/raw.gif" alt="" 21 as fusk in a blender with some banana and protein powder.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Not sure if it was by your recommendation but I've been hitting this up as well and I feel like I'm 20 again. I also hit the hot oatmeal with raisins/cransins, sometimes I'll add a little honey for favor. I can't function without breakfast now, used to have my first meal of the day at lunch NAGL.b, 21b, 21Any one have any Yogurt recommendations? Liberte is amazing but I doubt it's healthy enough to eat on the regular.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/raw.gif" alt="" 21 as fusk in a blender with some banana and protein powder.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Not sure if it was by your recommendation but I've been hitting this up as well and I feel like I'm 20 again. I also hit the hot oatmeal with raisins/cransins, sometimes I'll add a little honey for favor. I can't function without breakfast now, used to have my first meal of the day at lunch NAGL.
    b, 21
    b, 21Any one have any Yogurt recommendations? Liberte is amazing but I doubt it's healthy enough to eat on the regular.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21GREEK YOGHURT!!! FAGE!!!b, 21WITH HONEY OR MAPLE SYRRRRRRUP! b, 21THROW SOME SLIVERED ALMONDS ON THAT!!b, 21b, 21Seriously, what is better than Greek yoghurt. There's that spot on Sullivan in Soho that makes it homemade- CRAZY DELICIEUSEb, 21b, 21Trader Joe's plain cream top yogurt = #2.b, 21No scratch that, that's #3. #2 or 1.5 goes to STRAUS!!! STRAUSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• NOW WHO HERE EATS MUESLI

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Any one have any Yogurt recommendations?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21img src="http://images-cdn01.associatedcontent.com/image/A1498/149870/300_149870.jpg"1b, 21b, 21You're welcome!b, 21b, 21EDIT: ChungTech beat me to it, but yeah...Fage is so good.b, 21b, 21Really, though, Pony: you need to be on that 2% or non-fat cottage cheese (tons of quality protein). Add almonds and crushed pineapple (or your beloved cransins).

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Really, though, Pony: you need to be on that 2% or non-fat cottage cheese (tons of quality protein). Add almonds and crushed pineapple (or your beloved cransins).
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Not sure if I'll be able to track down the Fage, I've never seen that brand before. I tried the cottage cheese and pineapple combo and I couldn't finish it, I love pineapple but the CC wasn't doin' it for me, made me feel a little sick which is strange.

• I eat this every weekday with blueberries and slivered almonds:b, 21b, 21 img src="http://images-cdn01.associatedcontent.com/image/A2369/236965/300_236965.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21My Dad suggested a tablespoon of peanut butter but I wasn't really feelin' it, even though I looooove peanut butter.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Any one have any Yogurt recommendations?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21You're welcome!
    b, 21
    b, 21EDIT: ChungTech beat me to it, but yeah...Fage is so good.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21That shit is so, so good. I found that delicious treat at Traders Joe, it had a side of honey connected to it, well worth the high price.

• I like oatmeal, but cheese grits is my shit. Matter of fact I had a big ass bowl for lunch at my favorite Waffle House yesterday. Shits too good! And don't get me started on some South Carolina low country shrimp and grits. I wont some NOW! b, 21b, 21It can't be fucked with!

• Yuichi, your punk ass needs to throw some cinnamon, brown sugar, milk and a sliced banana in that shit.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Yuichi, your punk ass needs to throw some cinnamon, brown sugar, milk and a sliced banana in that shit.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif" alt="" 21

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Dude, try throwing some frooze blueberries (you can buy them frooze at any food store) in the mix, makes the drink nice and cool to drink and tastes delicious. Apparently blueberries are really heathy too.

• i eat a bowl of oatmeal every morning. keeps my bowels regular img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sn.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21a cup of pineapples and that's it- nothing else for breakfast. i feel good img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jeigh.gif" alt="" 21

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The ex-wifey used to call it Porridge.b, 21b, 21"U talmbout oatmeal or cream of wheat?"

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21The ex-wifey used to call it Porridge.
    b, 21
    b, 21"U talmbout oatmeal or cream of wheat?"
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21NOTHING beats this:b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="http://www.malt-o-meal.com/images/products/240_HotCereal_C2.jpg"1