People's Temple

LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Was watching a doco on Jim Jones/People temple yesterday and lots of the soundtrack music was from "Peoples Temple Choir' which sounded kinda funky, and they would have had pretty tight band by the looks of things...b, 21b, 21So,Im wondering if they ever dropped any records like lots of other christian groups did? What are they like? Super raer? Taboo to talk about? Found a shitload of info on the net about the church but nothing about the band or recorded material?

Comments

• There is atleast one record I know of, it's fairly mediocre. It has slightly tacky whitebread gospel choir funk on it, I think it was reissued on cd and lp sometime in the 90's. Overall it's more worthwhile for your mordib collectro tendencies than any of the music it contains. I sold my copy to a shut in creep.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    "He's Able" album... I was just trying to track it down... funny thing they got a few CD versions of it (reissued) on ebay going for $500-750, but a sealed OG LP went for $50 only!!!!b, 21b, 21I thought they would have pumped out heaps more material, for pr/recruitment purposes....

• I'm pretty sure that Jim Jones also did an LP called Christian Crusade or something similar. I'm not ashamed to admit that I saw it in an episode of Kenny vs. Spenny.