ARGON Plays MEMPHIX (memphmix, exclusive MP3)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
One more mix to round out the week, a quick MEMPHIX mix from the 45 only tracks (word to chiburbia, dcarfagna, meatyogre, and dcastillo). This one goes out to the late night shift.

My man Norm Hopper put this one together. Good for speeding down the 5 freeway, the 10, 405, 15, or even 805 to TJ late at night. The mix features a couple exclusive ARGON tracks and samples (spot 'em if you can):

http://s33.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2UWAWH2I19EXQ1YP4FSBK0U7PZ

"FOR PROMOTION ONLY," 50 megs

enjoy!

PS: ROWLF owns you all.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    sayong, bump for the sleeeplurz

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    cheers mang!

yer welcome

bump it tonight for restful driving

I'm drinking seltzer beer and scheming to buy more shorts tonight for NYC, baby

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    Sounds good, much thanks for posting this.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    This is very very nice!

This is very very nice!

thx, Norm put some work in even though it was done relatively quickly

I even "made" some drums for it, lol

dude needs to record more of his scratches, he's NASTAY on the flare chirp 2 click orbit madness

• Nice use of music from Twin Peaks, beginning around 5:30

Nice use of music from Twin Peaks, beginning around 5:30

Not sure if you're talking about one of our tracks of a Memphix track. We used a movie theme but not one from Lynch though.

• Nice use of music from Twin Peaks, beginning around 5:30

Not sure if you're talking about one of our tracks of a Memphix track. We used a movie theme but not one from Lynch though.

Really? I guess its just a coincidence. Between 5:28 and 5:31, there is an uncanny resemblance to Laura Palmer's Theme and Love Theme from "Twin Peaks" (from the series). The instrumentation from the track in the Memphix mix is different from that of these two published themes. However, these themes were common throughout the series, and were played with different instrumentations. One such instrumentation is quite similar to this section of the mix.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    So far so dope - dude has cuts and I missed alot of these 45's when they came out.

Thank you Mr. Latency and Hopper Oner, not to mention Mr. Carfagna and the Memphix Two Steppers.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I like Memphix, one of the Memphix guys walked to the store for me last night and bought me a beer. Blazing downtempo hospitality.

So far so dope - dude has cuts and I missed alot of these 45's when they came out.

Thank you Mr. Latency and Hopper Oner, not to mention Mr. Carfagna and the Memphix Two Steppers.

Thanks for the kind words, day. Norm is most definitely that dude on the quiet stormfront scratch, mix, and production tip. Chops and cuts for dayz.

Mr. Carfagna and crew are appreciated!