The Reason I Supported Barack Obama

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Which I stated here repeatedly, was I felt he would look for answers somewhere in the center and would not widen the gap between Liberals & Conservatives.b, 21b, 21Now some on the far left are "concerned".b, 21b, 21I thank all you far left liberals for supporting my candidate.b, 21b, 21b, 21LIBERALS VOICE CONCERN ABOUT OBAMAb, 21b, 21a href="http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1208/16292.html" target="_blank"1http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1208/16292.html/a1b, 21b, 21Liberals are growing increasingly nervous ??? and some just flat-out angry ??? that President-elect Barack Obama seems to be stiffing them on Cabinet jobs and policy choices.b, 21b, 21Obama has reversed pledges to immediately repeal tax cuts for the wealthy and take on Big Oil. He???s hedged his call for a quick drawdown in Iraq. And he???s stocking his White House with anything but stalwarts of the left.b, 21b, 21Now some are shedding a reluctance to puncture the liberal euphoria at being rid of President George W. Bush to say, in effect, that the new boss looks like the old boss.b, 21b, 21???He has confirmed what our suspicions were by surrounding himself with a centrist to right cabinet. But we do hope that before it's all over we can get at least one authentic progressive appointment,??? said Tim Carpenter, national director of the Progressive Democrats of America.b, 21b, 21OpenLeft blogger Chris Bowers went so far as to issue this plaintive plea: ???Isn't there ever a point when we can get an actual Democratic administration????

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21He has confirmed what our suspicions were by surrounding himself with a centrist to right cabinet.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21The man with the final say on every executive decision is surrounding himself with advisors who don't agree with every element of his left-leaning platform! WE'VE BEEN BETRAYED!b, 21b, 21FONT SIZE=5>G T F O O H W T B S/b1/FONT1

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I love how he hasn't even had his first day in the office yet and the peanut gallery has already started.b, 21b, 21b, 21Let the hate ensue after his first 90 days, but until then lets keep hating on Bush.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21I thank all you far left liberals for supporting my candidate.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cos3ve.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21Of course, the far-from-center, hardcore elements always believe that they are responsible for getting a candidate elected; expect to have their concerns addressed first, second, and third; and act like whiny-ass titty babies when it doesn't happen that way. I expected uber-left-wing jaggovs to be no different. And frankly, I'm glad Obama is pissing them off in the manner that he is. He's too busy trying to, you know, fix things to cater to their every whim.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Which I stated here repeatedly, was I felt he would look for answers somewhere in the center and would not widen the gap between Liberals & Conservatives.
    b, 21
    b, 21Now some on the far left are "concerned".
    b, 21
    b, 21I thank all you far left liberals for supporting my candidate.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21LIBERALS VOICE CONCERN ABOUT OBAMA
    b, 21
    b, 21
    /a1
    b, 21
    b, 21Liberals are growing increasingly nervous ??? and some just flat-out angry ??? that President-elect Barack Obama seems to be stiffing them on Cabinet jobs and policy choices.
    b, 21
    b, 21Obama has reversed pledges to immediately repeal tax cuts for the wealthy and take on Big Oil. He???s hedged his call for a quick drawdown in Iraq. And he???s stocking his White House with anything but stalwarts of the left.
    b, 21
    b, 21Now some are shedding a reluctance to puncture the liberal euphoria at being rid of President George W. Bush to say, in effect, that the new boss looks like the old boss.
    b, 21
    b, 21???He has confirmed what our suspicions were by surrounding himself with a centrist to right cabinet. But we do hope that before it's all over we can get at least one authentic progressive appointment,??? said Tim Carpenter, national director of the Progressive Democrats of America.
    b, 21
    b, 21OpenLeft blogger Chris Bowers went so far as to issue this plaintive plea: ???Isn't there ever a point when we can get an actual Democratic administration????
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21Wait, so because "Openleft blogger" Chris Bowers says something - he now represents the entire left wing of the democratic party? i read huffingtonpost and daily kos pretty regularly and haven't seen much outrage over anything obama has done.b, 21b, 21On the other hand, politico is a website run by republicans, so it makes a lot of sense that they would create a false story. b, 21b, 21Obama has stayed in character - I don't think anyone who is informed would argue with that. b, 21b, 21If and when Olberman and Maddow start routinely blasting Obama - that is probably when you can accurately say that the liberals are upset with him. Not just some guy.

• I heard this argument last week on an NPR show, and hate it for so many reasons...b, 21b, 21WAIT! You mean, his campaign promises of bi-partisan work we're true?? He wasn't just saying that to get elected, and then put Nancy Pelosi in place?? b, 21b, 21I really couldn't be happier with the appointments we've seen, as far as pragmatic, and centrist, choices go.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    WE'RE ALL FUCKED.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21...but until then lets keep hating on Bush.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Wow and he hasn't even taken office yet.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Results 1 - 10 of about 1,770,000 for ambitious obama. (0.38 seconds) b, 21b, 21lol yah well see how 'i told u so' rockadelic will be in a year

• funny how we just lived through the worst 8 years under republican rule...yet fools are talking about how important it is that we get republicans involved in government.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21funny how we just lived through the worst 8 years under republican rule...yet fools are talking about how important it is that we get republicans involved in government.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Not me--I'm just talking about how I don't care that uber-liberals are pissed off that the Obama administration isn't all about them.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21funny how we just lived through the worst 8 years under republican rule...yet fools are talking about how important it is that we get republicans involved in government.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21It's not about getting Republicans involved, it's about getting people who are NOT "progressive Liberals" involved....and you must have skipped over the above comments of Tim Carpenter, national director of the Progressive Democrats of America, if you think only one "blogger" is unhappy.b, 21b, 21As far as where will this be 2 years from now Deej, I'm hoping he is able to get things back on track and will have some successes under his belt by then in regards to the economy and foreign affairs...b, 21b, 21Who knows, you may even have a job by then?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Here's what I don't get about Rock: His major issue is that he wants us all to get along. I get the sense that he'd be fine with killing all first born boys if we could all just get together and stop bickering about it. b, 21b, 21Rock tell us what you think of his policies. Who cares if crybaby politicians don't get along? The problem has been that we haven't actually solved any of the major problems facing our country in the last 20 years; health Care, crumbling, uncompetitive schools, environmental disaster and an economy that only really works for the few (stagnant wages). What are Rock's preferred solutions? I support Obama's run to the middle because I think it prudent to rebuild the institutions that make policy but make no mistake there are very tough decisions that lay ahead and not everyone is going to like it. Remember that Barack won his seat in the Illinois senate by having his other two primary opponents thrown off the ballot. Rock's in for a big surprise if he think BO is going to be all sweetness and light. For now it is in his interest to reach out, the time will come for him to break necks too. Will you support him then if you think it's in the best interest of the country. I know I will.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21tell us what you think of his policies.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Hope and change are good.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21It's not about getting Republicans involved, it's about getting people who are NOT "progressive Liberals" involved....and you must have skipped over the above comments of Tim Carpenter, national director of the Progressive Democrats of America, if you think only one "blogger" is unhappy.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21sorry, 2 bloggers. "progressive democrats of america"???b, 21b, 21if you are not in favor of obama being a "progressive" than you sound unfamiliar with the fact that change/progressive are synonymous.

• SPARE SOME PROGRESSIVE?b, 21img src="http://www.latesnake.com/homeless big.BMP.JPG"1

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Here's what I don't get about Rock: His major issue is that he wants us all to get along. I get the sense that he'd be fine with killing all first born boys if we could all just get together and stop bickering about it.
    b, 21
    b, 21Rock tell us what you think of his policies. Who cares if crybaby politicians don't get along? The problem has been that we haven't actually solved any of the major problems facing our country in the last 20 years; health Care, crumbling, uncompetitive schools, environmental disaster and an economy that only really works for the few (stagnant wages). What are Rock's preferred solutions? I support Obama's run to the middle because I think it prudent to rebuild the institutions that make policy but make no mistake there are very tough decisions that lay ahead and not everyone is going to like it. Remember that Barack won his seat in the Illinois senate by having his other two primary opponents thrown off the ballot. Rock's in for a big surprise if he think BO is going to be all sweetness and light. For now it is in his interest to reach out, the time will come for him to break necks too. Will you support him then if you think it's in the best interest of the country. I know I will.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Oh I'm hoping for anything but sweetness and light.....and I don't think he's indicated that he will be such with his appointments thus far...obviously, he's pissed off some folks. Do I hope he pisses off the far right too...HELL YES!!!!b, 21b, 21I hope he breaks the necks that need to be broken....and his actions so far tell me he knows which ones might need breaking.b, 21b, 21He has had my support and will continue to have it until he panders to some "Progressive Left" or "Religious Right" special interests.b, 21b, 21I don't think he will.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21It's not about getting Republicans involved, it's about getting people who are NOT "progressive Liberals" involved....and you must have skipped over the above comments of Tim Carpenter, national director of the Progressive Democrats of America, if you think only one "blogger" is unhappy.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21sorry, 2 bloggers. "progressive democrats of america"???
    b, 21
    b, 21if you are not in favor of obama being a "progressive" than you sound unfamiliar with the fact that change/progressive are synonymous.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21There is a big difference between the definition of the word progressive and the definition of the term "Progressive Liberal".

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    rockadelic's fantasy moderate squad

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21rockadelic's fantasy moderate squad
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Looking more like reality than fantasy...although I was surprised he kept Gates on board for another year.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    yah we'll see bro --b, 21a href="http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122706319966040053.html" target="_blank"1http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122706319966040053.html/a1b, 21b, 21/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21He stressed that the new administration would "throw long and deep," taking advantage of the economic crisis to push wholesale changes in health care, taxes, financial re-regulation and energy. "The American people in two successive elections have voted for change, and change cannot be allowed to die on the doorsteps of Washington," Mr. Emanuel said.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21yah we'll see bro --
    b, 21
    /a1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21He stressed that the new administration would "throw long and deep," taking advantage of the economic crisis to push wholesale changes in health care, taxes, financial re-regulation and energy. "The American people in two successive elections have voted for change, and change cannot be allowed to die on the doorsteps of Washington," Mr. Emanuel said.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21This is the same guy who was the lead strategist in the unsuccessful White House efforts to institute universal healthcare and many other Clinton initiatives?b, 21b, 21b, 21We need change....and we'll have change.....but whether or not any of that change will be what's on the far left Progressive Democrat agenda remains to be seen and Universal Helthcare appears to be a long shot.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ok we will see buddy

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21ok we will see buddy
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yes we will.......but regardless, I won't patronize you with "bro" or "buddy".

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21ok we will see buddy
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Yes we will.......but regardless, I won't patronize you with "bro" or "buddy".
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21You could always use the ever-endearing "sunshine".

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21yah we'll see bro --
    b, 21
    /a1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21This is the same guy who was the lead strategist in the unsuccessful White House efforts to institute universal healthcare and many other Clinton initiatives?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21We need change....and we'll have change.....but whether or not any of that change will be what's on the far left Progressive Democrat agenda remains to be seen and Universal Helthcare appears to be a long shot.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21i don't know about universal healthcare - but something very close in the next 4 years. if we had universal care, the auto companies wouldn't need a rescue plan, or at least one not even close to 30+ billion.

• a href="mailto:rofl@self"1rofl@self/a1 appointed voice of th proletariat mad because ballers are still allowed to ball in obama's america.