last night I had the strangest dream...(sorta-RR)

pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
i dreamt that I was dating/stalking Minnie Riperton...dream made no sense at all. b, 21b, 21in the dream, minnie was dressing about the way she did when she was with the Rotary Connection, like the hottest black alternababe this side of Corinne Bailey Rae...one minute we were in New Orleans, buying tickets for the Ponderosa Stomp...we were arguing about something at the ticket booth, then we both apologized; I said something like "hey, I'm sorry, i've just had some stuff on my mind; I'll tell you later when we're alone." (she had a male friend tagging along)b, 21b, 21problem is, for the rest of the dream, i couldnt GET her alone. somehow, after the ticket-booth, we wind up back in Chicago, and im strolling the halls of Kenwood High School (!) looking for her. she always turns up, but there's always some cockblocking guy in the way, just being friendly. and even though she was supposed to be my ladyfriend, i didnt have the balls to just roll up on her and say, "hey, minnie, what's up?"b, 21b, 21now somewhere in that same dream, i attended a party at jerry lee lewis' house. somehow he bought a house in the Rogers Park section of Chicago (remember, it was just a very surreal dream). it started out crowded, but it soon filtered out quickly. i asked a guy i knew why was he scrubbing jerry lee's walls while dressed in a tuxedo. he then said: "hey, this isn't REALLY a party, the Killer just invited us all here so we could help him clean his house. you better grab you something and get to working, because he don't like it when people walk out on him...like those other party guests just did..." while no one was looking, i got the hell out of there.b, 21b, 21and then, running through this dream, everytime I was near a TV it kept playing this ad for an Andy Williams greatest-hits album. it had some old short-haired guy standing next to some dude dressed in this BAD hippie disguise, and they were lipsynching to andy's songs. and the voiceover went "ALL GENERATIONS LOVE THE MUSIC OF ANDY WILLIAMS!!"b, 21b, 21and, back at Kenwood High, I saw this old sign that somebody forgot to take down. it said "take life a little easier!" at first i thought it was an old rodney allen rippy ad from the seventies, but no, the pic was of some ugly-ass football player from the nineties, as some kind of PSA for teenagers???b, 21b, 21Now, what does this long-ass convoluted dream mean?b, 21b, 21well, in real life i did meet this lady at the sharon jones/dap-kings show the other night. and i was CONSIDERING taking her to see the new Cadillac Records movie (which is about Chess Records, where Minnie used to work/record/hang out). that is the ONLY relation to my actual life that i can think of. where something as random as andy williams comes in, i will never know. maybe its just from hearing him on the all-Xmas station at some store?b, 21b, 21i gotta lay off the egg nog...

Comments

• This poast has been the highlight of my day. Trying to explain to my co-workers what I was laughing at was difficult to say the least.

• I had a strange dream last night, too.b, 21b, 21I first saw a lady slowly descending a staircase when a long-haired man's face quickly flashed before my eyes. I saw boxcars and blood. Then I sat on a couch, an older version of myself, while a dwarf in a red suit spoke a strange language to me. The room was surrounded by red drapery.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I had a strange dream last night, too.
    b, 21
    b, 21I first saw a lady slowly descending a staircase when a long-haired man's face quickly flashed before my eyes. I saw boxcars and blood. Then I sat on a couch, an older version of myself, while a dwarf in a red suit spoke a strange language to me. The room was surrounded by red drapery.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21Which David Lynch movie did you fall asleep watching?

• I dreamed that I was getting chased and shot at all around downtown. Don't know why though. I was with a friend and I kept pulling her here and there with me. I woke up in the middle of the night tripping the f*ck out.b, 21b, 21Then after breakfast, I laid around lazily and fell asleep again only to have the same dream! WTF?!?!

• Glad you caught that.b, 21b, 21I recently watched the pilot through episode eight of you know what.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    had a dream my ex traded his dog for records

• last night i had the strangest dream. i sailed away to china, in a little rowboat to find ya, and you said you had to get your laundry cleaned. didn't want no one to hold you, what does that mean?