Noisy neighbors pt. 2

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Awhile back I posted how my downstairs neighbors called the cops & the property manager about me being so loud that their kids can't sleep, instead of ever coming to me directly. Except for banging on their ceiling when my gf was being a bit too expressive one night.b, 21b, 21Well I've been very quiet since then, but it's 11:25pm and their noisy baby is crying up a storm. b, 21b, 21Can I bang on my floor to give them the hint to shut the brat up?

Comments

• you'd probably seem like an asshole. b, 21b, 21baby crying kind of gets an instant pass. If it happens all the time then you should say something. But what are they going to do about it?

• Leave a flaming bag of dogshit on their doorstep and ring the doorbell. That's original, right?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    yeah...I agree a baby gets the pass...a whiny adult..NO.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" 21

• I'm going to leave a passive aggressive note saying how I love children but I can't get my 8 hours of sleep with all that racket and I'm sure they'll understand if I have to call the property manager and/or social services.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21 and/or social services.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21oh man. That made me laugh. I think to increase the passive aggressive tone you should leave a plate of cookies with the note and say "since I couldn't sleep I made you these."

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I'm going to leave a passive aggressive note saying how I love children but I can't get my 8 hours of sleep with all that racket and I'm sure they'll understand if I have to call the property manager and/or social services.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21teach em wiseb, 21b, 21this girl knowswhats upb, 21b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b, 21b, 21b, 21I know this is NO help, but through my years of therapy and being with kids...if you start crying right with them(pretending of course)...they stop. It is crazy, but it works.b, 21b, 21But I don't see that happening in your case.b, 21b, 21However... for real talk to the parents--say hey, I didnt sign up to deal with this, but respect to you. Please RESPECT me and the rest of the building who DO NOT have kids and keep it down. And if they can not understand that then take it to the next level. I do agree it is bullshit IF it gets in the way of your personal life.b, 21b, 21b, 21best of luck to you.

• Is the baby still crying? At least you don't have my neighbors. They are loud, have a bunch of rude kids who don't go to school, and the patriarch of the family sings out of key gypsy songs with an out of tune guitar. What's worse is the walls in this place seem to be made of wax paper. You can hear everything.b, 21b, 21I like loud neighbors because I don't have to worry if I'm too loud. If anybody called the cops on me or complained, it would be war. Bass in their face.b, 21b, 21This is hollywood, what do they expect. it's a noisy place.b, 21b, 21Did I mention the construction of ugly condos that starts at the butt crack of dawn?b, 21b, 21When I need to I'm happy using these.b, 21b, 21 img src="http://www.darrenbyrne.com/gallery/albums/custom/blog/ear_plugs.jpg"1

• To be honest, I wasn't really being serious about reading the parents the riot act. Just found the situation ironic. Especially since most of the other neighbors have big family get-togethers every other day and make more noise than I ever do. I just had the misfortune of living above the whiners.b, 21b, 21Plus -b, 21b, 21/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21This is hollywood, what do they expect. it's a noisy place.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cos3ve.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21We're right off Sunset near a fire station. So at any given hour there's helicopters, sirens, garbage trucks, banging construction work, two rock bands practicing across the street, passing booming systems chock full of norte??o and cumbias, howling dogs, and even what I think is a neighbor's parrot that screams bloody murder and whistles like a construction worker. And *I* get the gas face for playing my music on 3 instead of 2? Please.b, 21b, 21And as far as these are concerned:b, 21b, 21/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1 b, 21b, 21My gf snores like a grizzly bear. I keep a full box.b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/freeway.gif" alt="" 21

• hahaha