this is so sad (stalking related)

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
a href="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/12/04/BA8D14II0B.DTL&tsp=1" target="_blank"1stalker killed woman, then self in San Mateo/a1 b, 21b, 21 /font1
font class="small"1Quote:
/font1
h, 21
b, 21Police tried to come inside but Gee fired a shot from his 9mm handgun that hit a door frame, "missing an officer by inches," Raffaelli said, so they retreated. Nguyen broke free, hid in a back bedroom and called police to tell them she could hand her children - a son, 3, and daughter, 1 - out the window. Then her cell phone battery died.
b, 21
b, 21The next contact officers had with Nguyen was when they stood on a car roof and pulled out her toddlers, Raffaelli said. She'd just managed to hand the second one through when Gee spied her from a bathroom window and fired 10 rounds. Three bullets came through the wall and hit Nguyen in the back. Four struck the window sill where, seconds before, the children had been.
b, 21
b, 21
h, 21
font class="post"1 b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21seriously makes me scared. Something as simple as using a cell phone to locate your lost cell phone can lead to a nightmare like this.

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I saw that last night. It is insane how much people can get so obsessive. Definitely an illness. It is so hard to see if a person is really being "nice" or is just sick. It is scary, very scary.b, 21b, 21She was beautiful, too.b, 21b, 21b, 21Prayers for her family.

• my wife called me from work and told me about the article. After I read it I called back and said "don't talk to anyone."

• a href="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/12/05/BABU14I6MH.DTL&hw=tracy&sn=001&sc=1000" target="_blank"1The kid who escaped with shackles on his feet/a1 was from Tracy which is an hours drive from San Mateo. Bay Area is going nuts lately.b, 21b, 21My ex lived in an apartment whose bathroom connected to an airshaft that lead up to the roof. You could access the airshaft through a hatch in the hallway. Said the previous tenant was attacked by a jealous boyfriend who came through this shaft.

• Some Paul Weiss attoreny went to Philadelphi becasue his friend was being stalked and the stalker killed him, kidnapped her, and then killed himself over the weekend. Also sad.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    With all due repsect to her family, because I understand they just lost someone, too, but this from Gee's sister is maddeningb, 21b, 21[i]"My brother was a nice guy, and we can't understand how this happened," she said. "I want to see proof."/i1b, 21b, 21As someone who is not a family member, I don't think you're authorized to see the proof.

• F*ck. That's terrible. F*ck is wrong with people?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I saw that last night. It is insane how much people can get so obsessive. Definitely an illness. It is so hard to see if a person is really being "nice" or is just sick. It is scary, very scary.
    b, 21
    b, 21She was beautiful, too.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Prayers for her family.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21No offense but calling these actions an "illness" forgives the acountability we should all have for our actions.b, 21b, 21He was probably just a maladjusted, selfish little F*ck.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    oh jesus