Reality T.V. Show................

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Man, I swear to god I should have my own reality tv show! I deal with so much funny shit on the regular. I wish I always had a hidden camera on me for real. I decided to spend the entire day digging for records like I used to do and haven't done in a long time. I'm in this one shop and I'm there at 10:00am when they are supposed to open. They guy gets there at 10:30 and I have been waiting outside. Anyway I go through the whole place and take a stack of 30 records to the listening station and they have this total piece of shit linear tracking turntable that closes down over the entire record, it's really janky and the headphones are like the kind you get on the airplane with nothing but treble. Ok, whatever......Mind you this fuck is just sitting in a chair like a blob behind the counter doing absolutely nothing. Ten minutes into me going through shit he looks over at me and says "Your gonna have to get off that turntable". I asked him if he was serious? he said "yes". I asked why? He says "I might have to go somewhere". So I said well either you do or you don't have to what do you mean you might have to? He says what if the phone rings and someone needs me to go look for a record, I can't have you standing here at the listening station! I told him look around, do you see any one else in the damn store? It's not like someone is waiting here for me to get finished and your not doing shit but sitting down! This guy was dead serious too!!!!!! I said look, if the phone rings then I will stop what i'm doing and wait for you to get done looking for the record, cool? He told me I was being an asshole and he just works there and they have a policy of only ten minutes at the listening station and he was just doing his job. I told him he wasn't doing shit but sitting down! I told him first he was 30 minutes late and then didn't do shit and wouldn't let me go through the stuff they bought the night before because it wasn't priced but yet he wasn't pricing them..........He went on to tell me he didn't want me standing in his store listening to records ALL day! I told him ME either! I told him in fact I'm trying to get out of this hot stinky store as soon as possible and if he wouldn't have interupted I would have been done already!!!!!!!!!!! I said I'm your ONLY customer here and I'm trying to spend big and look at how your treating me. He really didn't care. Then I pointed out the total piece of shit they call a listening station. He said it was a really good one! I was like I could use my own (GP3) but you won't let me, and I could be done in ten minutes but with that crap they have it probably would take half a fucking day. Then I told him to look at how clean the store was when I was done looking, I actually straightend it up!!!! He should have thanked me. Can you believe the gull this fucking shit bag had? I bought half the stack and bounced and he didn't even want to ring me up and was breathing all heavy.........................WTF?????? I asked so how long do I have to wait then beofre I can be allowed another ten minutes on the turntable? Do I have to walk outside and walk back in and then I can have another ten minutes? This guy was shocked at how I was talking to him and thought I was just all the way fucked up! I was all the way real and serious as he was. I wanted an answer about the "policy" and he finally just quit talking to me. When I left I thought how absolutely funny it was and should have been a reality tv skit. But in all honesty what was he thinking? Did he think I would spend all that time looking then just say OK when he said I had to get off the table? That was some serious bullshit!!!!I was the only person in the store! Also, there was no sign posted anywhere about a time limit what so ever.

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    That's just stupid. Was it that place in Everett???? I've gone to placed with time limits and if I'm the only one and it looks like I'm going to buy a lot they don't say a word. Plus, I would think people around here would know you and that you spend money!!!!!!

Should have asked the guy if he was a part time boarder guard........

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    For real! Naw it was Al's by the Sea Tac mall. Speaking of that other shit hole store in Everett where the records STILL aren't priced after him being open for over ten years now...........I was in there and pulled a big box of 45's out and the hippy dude had a fit and told me they WEREN'T for sale. How in the fuck do these stores expect to do business?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    For real! Naw it was Al's by the Sea Tac mall. Speaking of that other shit hole store in Everett where the records STILL aren't priced after him being open for over ten years now...........I was in there and pulled a big box of 45's out and the hippy dude had a fit and told me they WEREN'T for sale. How in the fuck do these stores expect to do business?

That's so funny. I had a round with them on the 45's as well. They said they "are holding them until they get their online store open". Yea in another 10 years. That was almost 2 years ago, so nice to see they are making progress!

• What an ass! You shoulda grabbed that wack turntable and broken it over his head!