EPMD - We Mean Business

phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Peeped the album advance and I must say I'm img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" 21 b, 21b, 21It's definitely a retread of every prior EPMD album, but what do you expect. b, 21b, 21 img src="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51J5jdqhUQL._SS500_.jpg"1b, 21b, 21This review from unkut.com is pretty much on point.b, 21b, 21"Verdict: Erick Sermon regains his postion as the best ghey rapper out. PMD can do no wrong in my book. Despite a shaky opening, once things get rolling, We Mean Business delivers some dope records - five of them, to be exact. Even the songs with shitty beats are still decent thanks to the vocals, making for a respectable return to the game for everyone???s favorite rap duo."b, 21b, 21The new Common schitt on the otherhand is straight up electro-wackness img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/talib-doodoo.gif" alt="" 21. The wack beats are only overshadowed by Common's attempt to kick some dumb-downed, nursery rhyme pop lyrics. b, 21b, 21 b, 21img src="http://media.prefixmag.com/site_media/uploads/images/review/c/common/150x150_universal-mind-control.jpg"1

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i was feeling "yo" but this shit is terrible:b, 21b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b, 21b, 21and i was feeling a lot of the teddy riley shit on the snoop album

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Wow, that video is buttclenchingly bad, and it ain't cuz of the beat.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    THEY WANT ME TO JIM CARREY THE RHYMEb, 21b, 21b, 21... img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21I'm hoping that's the weakest song on the record.

• record is mediocre but pleasant enough

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    The new Common is horrible. I tricked myself into believing that I had hopes for it as it didn't seem to follow the yawnsome attempts at grown rapp of the last couple of releases but I couldn't even make it to the end - just started skipping tracks as soon as the beats came in.

• all you need is a href="http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=1288129&ev=rp" target="_blank"1this/a1 !!!b, 21b, 21maybe the best EPMD joint in 10 years!

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Im listening to the common album now. Its unbearably terrible.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21"cause I'm dif-fe-rent"
    b, 21
    b, 21and they use Uphill peace of mind on the album yo
    b, 21
    b, 21
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/green30sv.gif" alt="" 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Haha, yeah Parrish's rhymes have always been more technically sound than Sermon's (not saying much), but I've always been down for the E-Double's lisp.