Numark TTX1 (S/PDIF-related)

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Anybody got one of these? My gf wanted me to sell hers on Craigslist but now that I've got it in my crib, I'm liking the pitch control w/ key lock. b, 21b, 21I'm also liking the idea of plugging it directly into my computer, but not sure about this S/PDIF output. Is it mono or stereo? (it has only one RCA-style output) Does it sound good? Can I find an S/PDIF RCA-to-stereo cord easily and cheaply? I found it online for $20 but want to get it in-person for $10 or less if possible. Radio Shack here in Silverlake was worthless.b, 21b, 21TTX1 owners lemme know the deal

Comments

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I switched years ago and I like em a lot.b, 21Numark does suck as a brand but these tables seem to of dodged the shitty build bullet. b, 21You need a soundcard with S/PDIF in (obviously) but you can get the cables very cheap on teh ebaye.b, 21b, 21To be honest I forgot they even had this feature, I'm gonna try it myself and rip some vinyl.

• what program do yall use to do this with the ttx ..isnt this the same as just ripping regular into an mbox minus a mixer and eqs ?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21isnt this the same as just ripping regular into an mbox minus a mixer and eqs ?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Yeah it's just a single rca cable carrying the stereo signal digitally to wherever your spdif input is.b, 21I wonder how the sound compares to an external phono pre?

• personally, i prefer to eq things and run them hot as possible ...especially for lp cuts...or shit mixed 12"s. b, 21my qualm with techniqs 1200s is the lack of adapting for djs needs and making things easier.b, 21how hard would it be for them to make the rca's swap out instead of having to take the whole 1200 apart and solder them in...and can we get more than 8% pitch control ?b, 21ttx are not bad at all...the pitch lock is cool, but s.eratos sound better imo.