BLOWFLY...recent shows?

ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Anybody seen BLOWFLY perform recently? I saw him almost 6 years ago now that I think about it. Me and the Hook-Up are spinnin' with ol' Mr. Reid this evening and was just wondering what to expect. I've been told he does quite a bit of his old material. Gettin' me some Blowfly and Reid records signed!Who seen him?

Comments

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    i just missed him in philly 2 weeks ago,
    next day guys were raving about it
    have fun !

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    its probably too late now - im typing this at 8:15 PM chicago time and youre likely on your way to the gig - but i saw him last saturday and hell yes, hes still got it

• reskresk 391 Posts
    i opened for him a couple months back and honestly i was disappointed as hell. to me he sounded way out of his prime and his insulting the crowd got old real quick. i remember he picked some overwieght girl out the crowd and was clowing her obesity all night.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    i opened for him a couple months back and honestly i was disappointed as hell. to me he sounded way out of his prime and his insulting the crowd got old real quick. i remember he picked some overwieght girl out the crowd and was clowing her obesity all night.

Same thing in Chicago - only it was alt-country musician Edith Frost, and truthfully she looked happy to be there. Cynthia Plastercaster (the lady famous for casting rock stars' penises in plastic molds) was there, too, and Blow Fly (who probably didn't know who she was) just randomly called her up on stage.

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts

Same thing last night too. He picked my friends girl. But he took it as a treat to have Clarence Reid talk about how he wanted to lick his girls ass. Reid still has the chops though...I felt he could have busted into "Masterpiece" at any minute. I highly recomend going to see him if he comes your way. And leave your girl at home if you don't take kindly to an elderly man in a wrestling mask talking dirty to her.
    I got him to sign my "Nobody But You" 45 and my "Zodiac Blowfly" LP. On the LP he drew a huge set of cock & balls(with hair) and wrote "To: Mr. Andrew Love:Blowfly"
    He said the girl on the cover of the Zodiac album was his mom's friend!
    Seventeen years old too!!!
    Maybe the Hook-Up will post some pics later.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

shingaling with a nut holdin' Mr. Reid

My drunk ass gettin' raers signed

I thought it was a great show!!!albeit a small turnout....the show does make me say this tho...fuck Memphis hip hop in all its forms, not one local rapper, DJ, producer or anyone went to this show...you would think at least one of these folks would of shown up to pay homage...seriously there were only 14 people at this show...pathetic.

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Has anyone recorded one of the shows? I'd love to hear/see him perform live.

• Dear Resk:

The weird world can let it slide once- but slandering us twice calls for a response.

Blowfly cracked on the audience in 1973 - and he does it in 2005. It's part of the act. Deriding Blowfly for making fun of the audience is like bitching at the sky for being blue. What he does is called comedy - and it's apparently lost on your uptight PC ass. The reason Edith and Cynthia didn't get upset in chicago (andthousands of other women in cities accross america) when we played "Too Fat To Fuck" - IS BECAUSE THEY HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR.

Saying that you "opened" for us is a joke. You are not our peer. You are not a musician and you ain't much of a DJ. Buck opened for us in Memphis. He is a real DJ. You were 5th on the bill and spun some shit that was so low energy that I didn't even notice you onstage three feet away until after I set up the drum kit.

Even on that night in gainesville, with me nearly in the hospital with walking pnuemonia, playing a borrowed kit made of sawdust and held together with clamps and tape, our guitarist playing through a borowed shitty peavy amp, and us minus our keyboard player -- we still rocked a full house. We still had hot chicks jump onstage and dance. And we will go back there and headline again.

Blowfly is still a legend. He changed music forever by inventing rap and the miami soul sound. Blowfly continues to add to that legend every fucking day. What have you done but talk shit on a message board and spin records in north florida?

Uncle Tom Smokedog
    Blowfly's Head Cracker
    www.blowflymusic.com

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    ::sonned::

If Wax Poetics doesn't pussy out there's going to be an insane article about Blowfly coming soon.

• Buck opened for us in Memphis. He is a real DJ.

Thanks Tom! The Hook-Up played too. Sorry again about the turnout(if you want to call it that.) Memphis is light years behind. You guys were amazing! We made a thread about the show on a local website and it was blowing up for about a week later. Folks that went told everyone what they missed. Keep it real no matter what anyone says about you guys. Not that you guys present yourself as "caring what others think." Hope the rest of the tour goes/went well. Tell Mr. Reid that Buck & Hook say hi.

• Dude is holding Myspace down like whoa as well......... http://www.myspace.com/blowfly