MIDI question for studio headz

UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
So after sitting around collecting dust for almost 2 years while my job has been crazy, I'm finally trying to get my studio up again. I've moved some stuff around, and I'm realizing I'm not exactly sure how I want to set up the midi.b, 21b, 21So I have an mpc 2000xl, digi 002, a juno 106, and I'm thinking of getting an Axiom midi controller (it has midi in/out). Two notable issues: my living room is too small for the juno, so i've got it up on a shelf propped up so i can reach the controls, but im intending to control it exclusively with the midi controller, which fits on my desk. The other thing is that one of the midi inputs on my mpc is dead, and I've been told the repair is not worth it. b, 21the Axiom ->mpc -> juno. This way I can hit play in protools and the mpc will start, but I also don't have to open pro tools every time I want to fack around. The only thing thats a pain is that every time I want to use the juno, I have to have a midi track up on the mpc. Also, I was thinking the mpc outs plug back into pro tools for midi editing, or controlling plug ins. Does this make sense? I feel like I might be over-thinking this....