How much do you make as a DJ?

TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I charge 100 euros an hour. At least I try to, nahmean?But tommorow at my friendly neighborhood bar I will only get 60 euros and a garanteed free hangover the next day.. but I get to see my homies and play whatever the fuck I like.How much are you charging? Do you have fixed rates?Do tell.

Comments

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

$10,000 for 3 hours.

Like my hair?

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Anywhere between $0.00 - $750.00

• strikeskistrikeski 95 Posts

I charge 100 euros an hour
    where do you come from that has euros?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    free beer/drugs

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

"Europe"

"Europe"
    duh!
    we do have countries here

"Europe"
    duh!

we do have countries here

Im from the land of hookers/heineken/coffeshops and Jan Peter Balkenende.

and clogs offcourse. lots of clogs.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    (IRS hacking IP Addresses and recording income)

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    (IRS hacking IP Addresses and recording income)

ok, cool.. I'm from the land of beer, chocolate, fries and pissing statues...
    howdy neighboor!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Nunayer goddam bizness.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    ok, cool.. I'm from the land of beer, chocolate, fries and pissing statues...

howdy neighboor!

I'm from the land of interns, go-go and politicians taking the piss and I make between $40 and $750 a gig depending on who's paying.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I'm from the land of beer, wurst, lederhosen and schlager.
    Howdieee neighbours as well.

Does every European country stand for beer?

I guess the three of us plus the UK.

Howdie neighbors!

yes, that is why you will always be light years ahead of us in culture. I wanna move to europe.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Saving this thread:

I never got paid for DJing. I had to carry 80 records for an one hour footwalk once just to get to the nearby radio station. My back hurt so much. Had to stay in bed for the complete next day.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Anywhere from $50 (like I made last night cause it was a solid for my man) to $5000 and over. I still haven't hit the $10,000 for a gig mark yet but there's always time.

the most I got paid yet is 150 euros, wich makes me ickle dude I guess;;;

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

yes, that is why you will always be light years ahead of us in culture. I wanna move to europe.

Because of the beer? Or the culture?

Like my hair?

I think I am gonna punch the next jagoff I see with a faux-hawk. You know how many folks got their asses kicked for having real mohawks back in the day? Their sacrifices paved the way for folks to have real mohawks without anybody looking twice these days. If you want a fucking mohawk, get a fucking mohawk...

• Like my hair?

I think I am gonna punch the next jagoff I see with a faux-hawk. You know how many folks got their asses kicked for having real mohawks back in the day? Their sacrifices paved the way for folks to have real mohawks without anybody looking twice these days. If you want a fucking mohawk, get a fucking mohawk...

Fauxhawk? That's half a step off a shampoo horn...

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts
    I get JACK and SHIT to DJ around here. Free booze and cab fare home. I am thee most underappreciated DJ in the shitty of Chicago. I made $450 CDN AND got a free hotel room in Toronto NYE 99. I need to find a way to reach some grown folks.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I remember one time in Las Vegas I got paid $3500 to DJ for about 20 minutes.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts

Seriously, us Europeans (or in my case Germans) think that Americans are ignorant red-necks with not culture at all, raised on McDee and brain-wased by TV. At the same time we envy you for every Timbaland-beat, Nike shoe and new Mac. Or in other words: I don't give a fuck about Klaus Weiss. Give me any dollar bin album on Atlantic and I'm 10 times more happy. But don't tell me about the piss you are calling beer. I'm drinking a nice glass of Cotes de Roussillon while Soul Strut keeps me from finishing this article on a American rap group I have to deliver tomorrow morning...

Talking about dj fees: I never heard about getting payed per hour. My normal fee is between 250 and 400 Euro. No matter if it is two hours or the whole night.

Seriously, us Europeans (or in my case Germans) think that Americans are ignorant red-necks with not culture at all, raised on McDee and brain-wased by TV. At the same time we envy you for every Timbaland-beat, Nike shoe and new Mac. Or in other words: I don't give a fuck about Klaus Weiss. Give me any dollar bin album on Atlantic and I'm 10 times more happy. But don't tell me about the piss you are calling beer. I'm drinking a nice glass of Cotes de Roussillon while Soul Strut keeps me from finishing this article on a American rap group I have to deliver tomorrow morning...

Talking about dj fees: I never heard about getting payed per hour. My normal fee is between 250 and 400 Euro. No matter if it is two hours or the whole night.

well, I will trade ya citizenship, I dont give a fuck about timbaland beats nor Nikes...I just want to be able to pick up a few bottles of geuze, spin some soul 45s for people who appreciate them and grab a good meal.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

CO-SIGN!

It's called a flow-hawk! I don't sport either one but my boy has had one since he was 12 or some shit. He fucking hates it with a passion that his culture has become so commerical.

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts
    europe! I bet over there folks would appreciate a real live Chicagoan playing some real live Chicago records.

europe! I bet over there folks would appreciate a real live Chicagoan playing some real live Chicago records.

true...shingaling and I cant get memphians to appreciate two real live memphians spinning Memphis records...but I have played in Paris numerous times, and let me tell ya, they appreciate the hell out of real soul rekkids.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts

well, I will trade ya citizenship, I dont give a fuck about timbaland beats nor Nikes...I just want to be able to pick up a few bottles of geuze, spin some soul 45s for people who appreciate them and grab a good meal.

Over here you a K??lsch instead of a geuze (which is eve better in my book), you can get away with spinning soul 45 but you have to play "Rocksteady", "Use Me" and some Jame Brown first (that's how deep it really is..). But the food is defintley much better over here. After that I'll play you some German hip-hop which will make you the biggest Timbaland fan o earth.

The wine is always sweeter on the other side.