AP CD

SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
just got this mix in the mail - props dude.I appreciate the sincere effort to turn people on to music.'fany flute juice indeed'peaceful solutions etc.---

Comments

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Double and triple co-sign...

I just got mine yesterday and it's gonna be the soundtrack of this near 100 degree day in LA

Thank you Anthony

• I'll be watching the mailbox closely...

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    anticipating the much needed peace & mind therapy

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    anticipating the much needed peace & mind therapy

this CD contains said therapy and more

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    East Coast Hatters not getting any love yet?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Mailman just handed it to me 10 minutes ago, sounds great so far AP. Thanks. I owe you one.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    The CD just arrived. It's wonderful. Thanks, AP.

• asscheeseasscheese 15 Posts
    listening to it now... thanks AP.. just what summer called for..

rob

• bubor0ckbubor0ck 141 Posts
    East Coast Hatters not getting any love yet?

be patient! just got mine today. shit is THAT FRAGILE TRUTH. only half way thru it as of now but its pretty delightful. i like the printout/disclaimer

"Next mix New Years 2006: The Black Man"

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Jus' got mine...suuuhh-weeett!

Thanks AP!!!

SG

• I got the feeling I missed the boat with this, but how exactly does one get their paws on one of these?

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    Received it today. Thanks Anthony - excellent mix. I am driving less aggro now that Vulgar Display Of Power is out of heavy rotation.

Do the Ituri Pygmies know that they're 'New Age'?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Damien not getting any love yet?

• edubedub 715 Posts
    I got the feeling I missed the boat with this, but how exactly does one get their paws on one of these?

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    How can I get down with one of these AP joints. I missed out on his giveaway

• hey dudes...

i think i fugged up in the track listing and forgot to put peaceful solutions in right after the peter davidson ( or before it ). so the track list is messed up... but whatever... i am glad you guys dig it...

someone PMed and asked what the mellow sax and synth track is... it is larry nozaro TIME on STRATA. they also asked me if it is rare... the answer is " yes, very ".

the last track on the CD is by Shira Small... Shira is a black 13 year old commune child.

i would love to hear more inpressions about what you like / don't like about the music.

rock on and have an exciting weekend on soulstrut.

ap

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I got mine and gave it a good listen. I love it, but i will take in all in and fully digest it before speakin anymore on it. Beautiful indeed.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    hey dudes...

i think i fugged up in the track listing and forgot to put peaceful solutions in right after the peter davidson ( or before it ). so the track list is messed up... but whatever... i am glad you guys dig it...

someone PMed and asked what the mellow sax and synth track is... it is larry nozaro TIME on STRATA. they also asked me if it is rare... the answer is " yes, very ".

the last track on the CD is by Shira Small... Shira is a black 13 year old commune child.

i would love to hear more inpressions about what you like / don't like about the music.

ap

so what is that pharoah sanders sounding thing with the flute & vocalizing?

---

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Okay, so Detroit got theirs...

Any word from other East coasters?

• hey dudes...

ap

---

track#?

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    I really liked the Del Mar high school track (I think that's the one - hard to tell with the buggered track listing). The vocals don't really sound like kids though...although you can hear some kids in the background, I think....

Wilburn Burchette track is very interesting. I thought he was more acoustic. Sounds more like Eno-esque electronics.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    hey dudes...

ap

---

track#?

track #6

---

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    I found ataraxis in tracks 4, 6, 12 and 16 ("in realizAtion") thanks again.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Ah yes, the CD arrvied today. Peeped the first several tracks and was immediately drawn in. Shit has got some soul to it, you can feel it. Nice way to extent my the musical boundaries. Just about fell over about the next disc in the series being The Black Man. Do your damn thing, AP. Thanks!

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I got the feeling I missed the boat with this, but how exactly does one get their paws on one of these?

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    got it today.
    great stuff.
    had me wanting to throw this one on again:

this with homemade turkey sandwich with spread avocado, turkey, melted swiss, with onions, mushroom, and fresh garlic sauteed in brown sugar and olive oil puts my private mind garden in complete harmony.

feelin it.

• hey dudes...

ap

---

track#?

track #6

---

oh... i think that is GOW DOW EXPERIENCE... Dr. Benson from Riverside CA. Dude is deep.

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    Very Much enjoying the mix. Went well with red wine and a spliff around the campfire last night. I will share further feelings after I have listened to it more. Thanks alot for getting these out to all us music nerds AP !!!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    how do i get one of these?