Fred Phelps is Coming to my Hometown in Oregon

VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
11/24/2008 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM Silverton, OR Trans Mayor Stu Masmussen - God Hates Fags! 306 S Water Street We are going to come to your little Oregon town to speak some words of truth to this 60 year old pervert. Nobody else will just tell him to STOP THAT! Everyone else (i.e. besides Westboro Baptist Church) despises him so much that they will gladly watch him morph himself into a snaggle-toothed old witch because they know they are all guilty of the same or worse sins. Your duty is as follows (after to plainly tell him to stop being so cockeyed UNTHANKFUL - 1 Corinthians 4: 7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?) thereby doing this duty - Leviticus 19:17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. 18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. You won't do this duty, but we will. AMEN!b, 2111/24/2008 12:05 PM - 12:35 PM Silverton, OR First Christian Church - False Prophets encure God's H8! 402 N. 1st St In a town where the stinking Mayor is a transgender freak - you had to know there was a false religious system firmly and publically in place. And our bright shining light (see Matthew 5:14)of truth has unearthed this congregation of warlocks and worms! Here is what they are: Jer 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart. La 2:14 Thy prophets have seen vain and foolish things for thee: and they have not discovered thine iniquity, to turn away thy captivity; but have seen for thee false burdens and causes of banishment. Mt 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep?s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Mt 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. That's right - you know God has completely given you up (see Romans 1) when He allows you to be deceived by FALSE PROPHETS! Ha! Praise God, and AMEN!b, 21b, 21Fred Phelp's Westboro Baptist 'God hates fags' church to protest in Oregon Mondayb, 21Posted by Alley Hector, OregonLive.com November 21, 2008 11:55AMb, 21Categories: Local Newsb, 21b, 21Everyone's favorite fundamentalist church, headed by Fred Phelps, famous for their "God hates fags" mantra, is coming to Portland Monday. On Westboro's protesting docket are several things, including (via Just Out):b, 21b, 21Portland State University Campus, whom, according to the God Hates Fags Web site are "enablers" because of their Queer Resource Center, nondiscrimination policy that protects sexual minorities and gender neutral bathrooms.b, 21Next up, at 8:30 a.m., the Swedish Consulate in Portland, for arresting "Bible preachers and put them in prison in that evil nation."b, 219:30 a.m. The Westboro crew will picket at Portland's Germany Consulate. They say, "They did much evil in their history, and now to try to kiss fag ass and distract from that fact they have become more and more evil."b, 21b, 21Next the crew heads to Silverton, Ore. for an 11:30 a.m. protest against the city's new transgender mayor, Stu Rasmussen. "We are going to come to your little Oregon town to speak some words of truth to this 60-year-old pervert. Nobody else will just tell him to STOP THAT!"b, 21b, 21Westboro Baptist is famous for their radical right, anti-gay stance, which has protested at military funerals among other highly inappropriate places. It's fairly safe to say, then, that all this is largely a media ploy, and an effective one at that. They have a very public, and very full schedule of all their protests, that makes no qualms about building their very foundations on the incendiary "God hates fags" moniker.b, 21b, 21So while they are so out there it's almost tempting to ignore them we must also remember that even the absurd can rise to power in troubling times. So we better keep an eye on them, even if it is just a little mild heckling or a "God.b, 21b, 21b, 21F*ck these bigot funeral picket ass nazis.b, 21b, 21

Comments

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    come with the "god hates squid" signs...those are good.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I mean shrimps. b, 21b, 21God Hates Shrimps.

• make a God Hates Chads like the above and poast the newspaper photo of you holding it here

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Throw a Molotov cocktail at them and burn them alive. b, 21b, 21j/kb, 21b, 21b, 21ok, not really.

• There even picketing the local conservative church. Just because they wont "Hate Fags" with them.

• Remember that guy who was beheaded in Manitoba over the summer? When his funeral was held in Winnipeg, the WBC sent some of their people up here to protest in order to bring us the message that it was "God's judgment" on Canada (I think you can still find information on the story on the Winnipeg Free Press website).b, 21Fred Phelps himself wasn't actually there - they do so many protests that it's nigh impossible for any one member of the Church to attend all or even most of their protests.b, 21b, 21From what I've heard, they've come to rely upon their protests as their source of income. They go hold protests everywhere and, inevitably, something untoward happens at one of the protests. They proceed to file suit in the jurisdiction and, inevitably, the other parties settle just to avoid a lengthy entanglement. This is pretty much why so many of the members are lawyers.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21Remember that guy who was beheaded in Manitoba over the summer? When his funeral was held in Winnipeg, the WBC sent some of their people up here to protest in order to bring us the message that it was "God's judgment" on Canada (I think you can still find information on the story on the Winnipeg Free Press website).b, 21Fred Phelps himself wasn't actually there - they do so many protests that it's nigh impossible for any one member of the Church to attend all or even most of their protests.b, 21b, 21From what I've heard, they've come to rely upon their protests as their source of income. They go hold protests everywhere and, inevitably, something untoward happens at one of the protests. They proceed to file suit in the jurisdiction and, inevitably, the other parties settle just to avoid a lengthy entanglement. This is pretty much why so many of the members are lawyers. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Oregon has what has to be the first small town transgender mayor, and the first openly gay major city mayor. b, 21b, 21Your mayor must be a good, well respected person to win in your small conservative town. b, 21b, 21Perhaps the best way to welcome these people is with Christian charity. b, 21Bring them warm coffee and umbrellas to make their stay in Silverton more enjoyable.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    bring them hot cocoa laced with laxatives and then lock all the bathrooms up.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21Remember that guy who was beheaded in Manitoba over the summer? When his funeral was held in Winnipeg, the WBC sent some of their people up here to protest in order to bring us the message that it was "God's judgment" on Canada (I think you can still find information on the story on the Winnipeg Free Press website).b, 21Fred Phelps himself wasn't actually there - they do so many protests that it's nigh impossible for any one member of the Church to attend all or even most of their protests.b, 21b, 21From what I've heard, they've come to rely upon their protests as their source of income. They go hold protests everywhere and, inevitably, something untoward happens at one of the protests. They proceed to file suit in the jurisdiction and, inevitably, the other parties settle just to avoid a lengthy entanglement. This is pretty much why so many of the members are lawyers. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I dunno about that. They got sued for protesting a funeral in Maryland, and the lawsuit revealed they had no more than a million dollars in assets/cash/holdings. I think a lot of people give them money but are afraid to come out about hating gays.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Someone should send some stripper cops to attempt a 'sexy arrest'. I'd pay to see the looks on their faces....