Milestone Label pressing question

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
So I sold a record on Ebay and I was told it was a reissue by the buyer.b, 21b, 21I'll refund dude but I want to make sure he's not hustling meb, 21b, 21can anyone verify if the red milestone label is a 2nd pressingb, 21b, 21heres a photo of the LP I soldb, 21b, 21

Comments

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    That's the 2nd issue. The first issue has yellow and brown labels, I think.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that the cutoff year for red Milestone labels is '72/'73.b, 21Before that it should be the yellow/brown label, no?b, 21My copy of Johnny Lytle "People And Love" ('72) still has the yellow/brown label,b, 21as are a couple of other Milestones I have from the same year.b, 21"Libra" is from the late 60s, so if it's a red label it must be a second pressingb, 21from the 70s or a new reissue.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I have the Harlem Bush Music's and Home! on the yellow/brown label and they all came out after that one.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Yeah that's the mid-70's to 80's label design.

• I have two copies of Uhuru right now, one yellow/brown and the other the same as the copy of Libra pictured above.b, 21b, 21The dates on the records are one year apart - 73 and 74, if I'm not mistaken.b, 21b, 21I wouldn't consider it a "reissue" but a 2nd pressing, and if the item was pictured clearly then the buyer really has nobody to blame but himself.

• The earlier Milestone stuff was actually a green label if I'm not mistaken (that record included), so that may actually be a 3rd press.