the f*cking loop points in Microwave

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
are not accurate at all. wtf is up with all my equipment going to shit or buggin out before a gig? This new version is ASS when it comes to getting the loop points right.

Comments

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    what version u running?b, 21Has it moved loop points made in older versions?b, 21Specifics buddy!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    haha I was venting up there. I'm on the latest version. When I try to adjust the loop points manually it automatically puts them in the same place every time. Always a little too close or away from the end of the loop. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bungay.gif" alt="" /1

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21haha I was venting up there. I'm on the latest version. When I try to adjust the loop points manually it automatically puts them in the same place every time. Always a little too close or away from the end of the loop. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bungay.gif" alt="" /1 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21yep. I got the same issue. Not sure whats up...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Are you talking about the autolooping thing or loops that you set ahead of time?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21Are you talking about the autolooping thing or loops that you set ahead of time? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Loops that you create. Loop rolls and the trancifier work great. b, 21b, 21Now when you try to re-edit a loop's beginning point, it doesn't budge. You can only change the end point. It seems like it's snapping to some invisible grid. I haven't tried it with a song that's not BPM tagged, which might be whats going on...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Quote:h, 21b, 21
    Quote:h, 21b, 21Are you talking about the autolooping thing or loops that you set ahead of time? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Loops that you create. Loop rolls and the trancifier work great. b, 21b, 21Now when you try to re-edit a loop's beginning point, it doesn't budge. You can only change the end point. It seems like it's snapping to some invisible grid. I haven't tried it with a song that's not BPM tagged, which might be whats going on... b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Eggggzactly.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    b, 21b, 21Loops that you create. Loop rolls and the trancifier work great. b, 21b, 21Now when you try to re-edit a loop's beginning point, it doesn't budge. You can only change the end point. It seems like it's snapping to some invisible grid. I haven't tried it with a song that's not BPM tagged, which might be whats going on... b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Eggggzactly. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Huh, weird. I've never had a problem with preset loops (though they do seem to snap to an invisible grid, but that's OK with me), but the autolooping is a bit img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ehh.gif" alt="" /1 to me...even if you catch the starting point correctly (which is hardly guaranteed), it doesn't necessarily do the end point correctly. It seems like it just counts what 4 beats or 8 beats or whatever *should* be at a given BPM and loops that exact amount of time without actually looking at the beat, so you'll try to set a two-bar loop and it'll cut off too early or too late and your loop sounds fucked.