Los Angeles - MASALA BEAT CLUB need yr help

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
Ok people I'm settled in Los Angeles and it's clear that there's no regular bollywood or bhangra parties here in the city... meaning that I'm ready to bring MASALA BEAT CLUB to the west coast NOW. Even the desis in Artesia said there wasn't anything going on. b, 21b, 21So tell me, party people: where would be a good venue for this sort of thing? The requirements are:b, 21b, 21- Full bar w/ decent staffb, 21- Nice-sized dance floorb, 21- 100-150 person capacityb, 21- Big screens for music videos b, 21- Good soundsystem & DJ boothb, 21- Hip location to attract not only the South Asians but anyone else who's curious about bollywood & bhangra musicb, 21b, 21I don't want some douchebaggy upscale Hollywood venue where I'm going to get top-40 requests all night, nor do I want an utter dive full of non-dancing rockers in tight pants. A place that's well-kept but unpretentious is what I want. b, 21b, 21HOLLER AT ME... ESPECIALLY YOU BAD GIRLSb, 21b, 21

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Ok people I'm settled in Los Angeles and it's clear that there's no regular bollywood or bhangra parties here in the city... meaning that I'm ready to bring MASALA BEAT CLUB to the west coast NOW. Even the desis in Artesia said there wasn't anything going on. b, 21b, 21So tell me, party people: where would be a good venue for this sort of thing? The requirements are:b, 21b, 21- Full bar w/ decent staffb, 21- Nice-sized dance floorb, 21- 100-150 person capacityb, 21- Big screens for music videos b, 21- Good soundsystem & DJ boothb, 21- Hip location to attract not only the South Asians but anyone else who's curious about bollywood & bhangra musicb, 21b, 21I don't want some douchebaggy upscale Hollywood venue where I'm going to get top-40 requests all night, nor do I want an utter dive full of non-dancing rockers in tight pants. A place that's well-kept but unpretentious is what I want. b, 21b, 21HOLLER AT ME... ESPECIALLY YOU BAD GIRLSb, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Post this on a forum for LA area medical students.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    definitely in the Valley somewhere.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    def someplace that's cool with fetishist dj's.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    IT'S GOING DOWN TONIGHT YA'LL

....and DJ TURBANATOR is flying in from NC to guest DJ....
    BALLE BALLE SHAVA SHAVA!

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    THANK YOU ELECTRODE, BELSON AND YUICHIBOT FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN!

IT WAS A SUCCESS AND WE SHOULD BE BACK NEXT MONTH

HOLLER