that Sopranos DVD set ad

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
is that a .35 second shot from every episode? dope.b, 21b, 21oh, and the Wire complete series comes out the first week of next month.b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pc.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jeigh.gif" alt="" 21

Comments

• does anyone know if the wire box has anything extra? I can't find anything. b, 21b, 21The sopranos box comes with some extra stuff, including alec baldwin interviewing david chase. b, 21b, 21The boxes look cool, but I think I'm alright with the individual seasons. Where do you put those box sets? Those are the kinds of things that are fun to purchase but become a thorn in your side because they don't fit on any normal shelf.

• if I had to guess there's prolly at least one extended interview of David Simon whining about the state of print journalism and his asshole bosses at the Sun.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21does anyone know if the wire box has anything extra? I can't find anything. b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I doubt it, the box has the same number of discs as the cumulative 5 season sets. At HBO the show is the extra, fuck you if you want anything more (and we're gonna charge you an arm and a leg for the DVDs as well). I'd think they'd be crowing their cocks off if they had additional content.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21does anyone know if the wire box has anything extra? I can't find anything. b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I doubt it, the box has the same number of discs as the cumulative 5 season sets. At HBO the show is the extra, fuck you if you want anything more (and we're gonna charge you an arm and a leg for the DVDs as well). I'd think they'd be crowing their cocks off if they had additional content. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21uh how does this square with the fact that HBO box sets often b1do/b1 include extra content?

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21does anyone know if the wire box has anything extra? I can't find anything. b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I doubt it, the box has the same number of discs as the cumulative 5 season sets. At HBO the show is the extra, fuck you if you want anything more (and we're gonna charge you an arm and a leg for the DVDs as well). I'd think they'd be crowing their cocks off if they had additional content. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21uh how does this square with the fact that HBO box sets often b1do/b1 include extra content? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21I really can only speak for the Wire DVDs because these are the only HBO DVDs I've bothered to purchase but the majority of extras on the DVDs are specials that were produced and aired already on HBO itself or panel discussions from other sources. Sure, there's commentary on some fraction of episodes but it's really half assed, I'm surprised anyone but the most tried and true Wire nerd would sit through any of them???with the exception of the Season 2 episode 6 commentary by Michael K. Williams and Dominic West leering at Kristin Proctor's breasts and riffing on Omar's courtroom testimony. They got better in later seasons with five or six commentaries in seasons 4 and 5 but I never felt that they added much value to any of the seasons with any of the extras.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21the sopranos set TV advert is sick though. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cos3ve.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21And no house is complete without a complete Wire DVD set, whether purchased a season at time or in the handsome complete package. I bought each season, jumping on deals where possible or utilizing pre-order discounts on Amazon but the complete package is a relatively good deal. the Amazon price for the Sopranos box set is not bad ($255 vs $400 list price which is ridiculous), I think that it will probably on my holiday wish list this year.

• Last night my girl told me she ordered the Soprano box set for me. I love this girl.

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21the sopranos set TV advert is sick though. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I was fast-forwarding through the commercials, a la Tivo on the slowest forwarding speed, and the Soprano's one came on and it just about gave me a seizure.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I wanted it in my life bt be WARNEDb, 21NO SUBTITLES!!!b, 21b, 21My girlfriend trying to improve her english will have a hard time with this

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I wanted it in my life bt be WARNEDb, 21NO SUBTITLES!!!b, 21b, 21My girlfriend trying to improve her english will have a hard time with this b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21funny you should mention because I read something about this very problem. No subtitles. I guess the closed captioning is embedded into the episodes themselves. I guess it's only english subtitles. Maybe more, i don't know how it works. If you want english subtitles it's the same as watching it on tv, the subtitles are embedded into the show. just hit your tv's CC button.