Eli "Paperboy" Reed & The True Loves

holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
So i finallygot around to buying this CD after enjoying the "(Doin' The) Boom Boom" track that Mojo mag comped a while back. I have to say This album is really doing it for me at the moment, it's on it's second spin here at work this morning. I am loving it. Does anyone else ride for these guys?? Is the LP on vinyl? Are there 45s?? There needs to be 45s so I can play them out.

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Saw him on Jools Holland last week.b, 21b, 21Dude KILLED IT.

• I picked up a copy of the CD because a couple of folks I know recommended it highly. I have not felt the need to listen to it again.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I picked up a copy of the CD because a couple of folks I know recommended it highly. I have not felt the need to listen to it again. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21Ouch. Reasoning??

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I picked up a copy of the CD because a couple of folks I know recommended it highly. I have not felt the need to listen to it again. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21Ouch. Reasoning?? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21Aside from a couple of interesting tracks, it all kind of blended together. His heart is clearly in the right place, and I'd be willing to bet he puts on a good live show, but the songs weren't doing it for me.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I picked up a copy of the CD because a couple of folks I know recommended it highly. I have not felt the need to listen to it again. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21Ouch. Reasoning?? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21Aside from a couple of interesting tracks, it all kind of blended together. His heart is clearly in the right place, and I'd be willing to bet he puts on a good live show, but the songs weren't doing it for me. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21Fair enough comment. I am liking the mix of styles from the late 50s/early 60s R&B copybook & the fact that it sounds like a sincere attempt at making an updated album in that vein. I too think that the live show must be great. That track "She Walks" kinda sounds like a good Van Morrison cut from back in the day.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I picked up a copy of the CD because a couple of folks I know recommended it highly. I have not felt the need to listen to it again. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21(((( i know dude. good dude. reps boston and thanks soullelujah. I've listened to it once, and never returned as well. not feeling.))))

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Eli has made fun of my record game before. I'll still ride for that scally-hatted mofo, though.