Important questions RE: BELIZE and WEBSITES (VNTR)

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
1) My wife and I want to figure out where to go for our honeymoon. She suggested Belize and Madagascar. Anyone ever gone to either one of these places, and are they cool?

2) Does anyone know how to create one of those little boxes inside of a webpage where you can scroll down inside the box without moving the page?

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I will not let this thread die.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Belize is on some lets get drunk and eat seafood on a paradise beach for cheap steez. Top shelf.
    I havent been to Madagascar, but I am sure it is awesome, you get to chill with lemurs and shit. But seeing how it is on the other side of the world it is $$$$ to get there...Belize would be more bang for your buck I am assuming, but if $ aint an issue, I would go to Madagascar for all the truly exotic shit.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Belize is on some lets get drunk and eat seafood on a paradise beach for cheap steez. Top shelf.
    I havent been to Madagascar, but I am sure it is awesome, you get to chill with lemurs and shit. But seeing how it is on the other side of the world it is $$$$ to get there...Belize would be more bang for your buck I am assuming, but if $ aint an issue, I would go to Madagascar for all the truly exotic shit.

Thanks for making that your 3000th post. Duly noted. Belize sounds like the shit.

Now what's up with that website question, peoples?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    If you're into Belize, also look into Roatan, Honduras. Fuck what you heard: This ain't the mainland. It's one of three Honduran Bay Islands and it's in the middle of the Caribbean.

It's on the same coral reef as Belize, the second largest in the world. Snorkeling/diving is killer, pretty cheap, and shit is just laid back like what. Bed & breakfast style, no artificial lighting in some spots, just down and dirty but also dope.

PS You gettin' married?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

PS You gettin' married?

Unofficially I been "wifed up" - celebrating our 6th year together this August.

Officially, yes. We don't have a date set yet but it will be next year some time.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    congratulations

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Thanks. Bout time I jumped the broom.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    WEBSITE

BOX

MOVING THING

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Anonymous
    07/20/05 07:58 PM
    Reading a post in flat mode
    ????????????favorite popeyes side order.

• 2) Does anyone know how to create one of those little boxes inside of a webpage where you can scroll down inside the box without moving the page?

put this whole thing inside < > brackets. i had to take them out here cause it was turning it into code.

iframe src=[color:red] "news.htm" [/color] [color:blue] width="340" height="220"[/color] border="no" frameborder="0">/iframe

[color:red]the area that's scrolling up and down needs to be its own separate HTML page. make sure all the content is enclosed within a table with a specific set width. [/color]

[color:blue]set the width and height of your scrolling column here. you might have to do some trial and error to make sure it doesn't scroll left to right. [/color]

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Shit. I use DREAMWEAVER so I have to figure out how to do it in that.

Oh well, I'll figure it out.

Mike - by the way - watch for an email tonight from me re: all sorts of stuff.

• THE NOTORIOUS C.O.S. - set the page up so you can see the code and the design at the same time. click on where you want the scrolling part to go, then paste that code into the code part.

M

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Costa Rica? Honduras? Vietnam? Thailand? Amalfi coast?

Not been to Belize but have been to Madagascar: fascinating from an eco perspective and some great local music but maybe not the ideal honeymoon spot...you need a bit of luxury on you honeymoon.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Belize is the cheap weed and crack capital of central america, where you can sell you return ticket for rocks without needing to learn spanish. Apart from the shadiness that comes with that, it's a paradise for lovers, scuba divers, and jungle explorers. They got manatees and shit.

Dunno about Madagascar, but I think that's where lemurs are from and they are cool enough.

iframes are a bit buggy on a mac, which is fine since they are what, 5% of the planet? If you are happy to cut n paste code, go here, the site's the bomb: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex11/scrollc.htm

• Belize is pretty fucking sweet. If you do go..hop on a boat and cruise over to Caye Caulker. I found it to pretty interesting because you arent really in the middle of the touristy/shopping/bullshit section. We had a snorkle guide named Leon that was the fucking shit. He was about my age and was super proud of his homeland which was cool. He also knew every fucking fish known to man. Super nice dude and told me he saw/met Snoop Dogg over there(high as fuck). I did find a music store there..but no records. Tell Leon I said whats up!!

oh yeah..Leon told me a crazy story. Not too long ago a brigade of trucks lined up on the sides of a highway in the middle of the night..all facing the road. With their lights on..a fucking jet landed in the middle of the highway and everyone in the trucks began unloading the huge amount of cocaine that was packed inside the plane. After they were finished..they left the jet and bounced with the blow. WHUT!!?!?!?