generally outrgageous stuff

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central

b, 21b, 21european racism in soccerb, 21b, 21and b, 21b, 21 crazy-ass communion preach (obama related)/a1

Comments

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    soccer hooligans in Europe have always been like that. It's the underbelly of society. Too bad those stadiums don't collapse or burn down more frequently...

• I'm shocked. I always, under a pure assumption, that Europe was much more ethically and morally advanced. It's disappointing to know they're decades behind the USA.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    that italina player giving the fascist sign back to the fan deserves a swift kick in the spleen

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21that italina player giving the fascist sign back to the fan deserves a swift kick in the spleen b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21Just the fact that he wasn't indefinitely suspended for this act alone speaks volumes about what a pigsty FIFA really is. A bunch of corrupt and mostly far right old bastards who at the very least tollerate if not condone such travesties. "The beautiful game" my ass.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21that italina player giving the fascist sign back to the fan deserves a swift kick in the spleen b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21Just the fact that he wasn't indefinitely suspended for this act alone speaks volumes about what a pigsty FIFA really is. A bunch of corrupt and mostly far right old bastards who at the very least tollerate if not condone such travesties. "The beautiful game" my ass. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Platini neo-colonialist comments for dayzzzzzzzzzzb, 21b, 21and a whole bunch of other stuffb, 21b, 21every sport is exploitative in race relations (nfl and nba being the worst) but soccer is so blatant and horrible...remember the black captain of the polish team img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oof.gif" alt="" 21

• Racism in Europe is nothing new. Racism is at the core of European society. b, 21Just look at the third world, and it's relationship to Europe. b, 21Look what Europe's colonialism has done to this planet. b, 21b, 21It does not surprise me the least, to see Europeans behaving that way.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21that italina player giving the fascist sign back to the fan deserves a swift kick in the spleen b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21Just the fact that he wasn't indefinitely suspended for this act alone speaks volumes about what a pigsty FIFA really is. A bunch of corrupt and mostly far right old bastards who at the very least tollerate if not condone such travesties. "The beautiful game" my ass. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Platini neo-colonialist comments for dayzzzzzzzzzzb, 21b, 21and a whole bunch of other stuffb, 21b, 21every sport is exploitative in race relations (nfl and nba being the worst) but soccer is so blatant and horrible...remember the black captain of the polish team img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oof.gif" alt="" 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cos3ve.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I'm shocked. I always, under a pure assumption, that Europe was much more ethically and morally advanced. It's disappointing to know they're decades behind the USA. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Don't mistake (mediterranean) soccer culture for an accurate representation of western european society...

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I'm shocked. I always, under a pure assumption, that Europe was much more ethically and morally advanced. It's disappointing to know they're decades behind the USA. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21You're right. Europe is waaay behind the US. We need to re-introduce slavery, let that run for a while, then abolish it only to run an appartied system that relegates certain races to third-class citizens w/out the vote, then make those people swim upstream through a river of shit for a few decades to get the vote, and then we miiight come close to electing somebody from an ethnic minority to a major political position. But it's a long way off.b, 21b, 21No nation holds a mandate on ignorance. Anywhere that people don't come into contact with other races will have a percentage of ignorant bigots, and unfortunately football matches tend to attract those very same. In England, we have a greater stratification of race, but there's still racism, and it's (yawn, *still*) football violence that the ignorant yobs use to grab headlines. In Europe, there's also violence, but there's more racism from the look of it, and that will only change should greater numbers of people come into contact on a day-to-day basis with other ethnicities. Look up the percentages of different ethnographics in Europe and you'll see how far off we are to changing the perceptions of the ignorant and the un-willing. The cities are one thing, but the countries as a whole are another story.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21soccer hooligans in Europe have always been like that. It's the underbelly of society. Too bad those stadiums don't collapse or burn down more frequently... b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oof.gif" alt="" 21 that's putting it rather bluntly. b, 21I know what you mean, but saying it like that is nagl.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21Don't mistake (mediterranean) soccer culture for an accurate representation of western european society... b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Do you all really think it's like this at every football match in all of Europe?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    that is a typical american news report about europe. so the thing you need to know about europe and soccer in europe: RACISTS ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! b, 21so what happened at the world cup in 2006? how many nazis did you see?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    American news services are there only to make Americans feel better about themselves.b, 21b, 21Example - Who could ever forget USA atop the Olympics medals charts?b, 21b, 21LOL.b, 21b, 21And plaese to stop this 'European' nonsense.b, 21b, 21I know of no sensible person who describes themselves thus.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21I know of no sensible person who describes themselves thus in England. b, 21b, 21h, 21

true, dat

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    b, 21In fairness to the American news channel, they're not likely to run a story along the lines ofb, 21b, 21"Samuel Eto doesn't get insulted in away game to Celta Vigo"b, 21b, 21now are they?b, 21b, 21Spain definitely has some 'issues' to clear up, but it will come in time. Still not sure why players put up with, or would go there to play though.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21In fairness to the American news channel, they're not likely to run a story along the lines ofb, 21b, 21"Samuel Eto doesn't get insulted in away game to Celta Vigo"b, 21b, 21now are they?b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I reckon that would be big news!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I have a french citizenship and i am not bashing europeans openly...b, 21b, 21However there is concern about the growing number of fascist political parties making a comeback in italy,austria and franceb, 21b, 21there must be racism at a same level in europe and america its just that the soccer and political playing fields are much more advertly putting it out thereb, 21b, 21i mean these austrian parties are simply horrible they make JMLepen look like a reasonable guyb, 21b, 21the fact there is even material to put a piece ike this together speaks volume on the european situation

Couldn't you put this approximate picture together for just about anywhere in the world?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    absolutely except there are no monkey sounds in a college basketball game in georgia and no party of the 3rd reich in rural albertab, 21b, 21its just about how blatant it is thats all

So you'd rather it was all done away from the glare of publicity?b, 21b, 21IMHO better it's there in your face if it exists at all, then at least it can be confronted, and then beaten, and then belittled.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    what's in the darkness of people's hearts stays thereb, 21b, 21when official political parties endorse open racism and xenophobia and when sporting events chant it away...it belittles and trivializes dangerous racist sentiments and helps spread the ideology around so yesb, 21b, 21i prefer unsincere political correctness to blatant accepted and propagated racism

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    WTF is this thread about? b, 21b, 21b, 21There are racists in Europe. Shock f*cking horror. In further news, war is bad and cake is good. mmm delicious cake. When I viddy racists on the streets on Europe Town, I pounce, taking them unawares, and quietly remind them that they are making us look bad, and should stop before some American makes a report about how generally outrageous we all are.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    so after my nap, i remembered that three guys that wanted to unroll a huge neonazi poster were chased off by other fans in the block. it happened this weekend at a german bundesliga stadium and the three nazi guys were arrested by the security! b, 21b, 21HA! GO FIGURE!

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21what's in the darkness of people's hearts stays thereb, 21b, 21when official political parties endorse open racism and xenophobia and when sporting events chant it away...it belittles and trivializes dangerous racist sentiments and helps spread the ideology around so yesb, 21b, 21i prefer unsincere political correctness to blatant accepted and propagated racism b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21what's in the darkness of people's hearts stays thereb, 21b, 21when official political parties endorse open racism and xenophobia and when sporting events chant it away...it belittles and trivializes dangerous racist sentiments and helps spread the ideology around so yesb, 21b, 21i prefer unsincere political correctness to blatant accepted and propagated racism b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Yer, cause it's like totally that black and white dude. Totally.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    its not and i am a africandadwhitemomeuropeanamerican blablablab, 21b, 21so ive thought this through and throughb, 21b, 21my point is some racism is more overt in europe than in the US particularly in the fields of sports and politicsb, 21b, 21i believe that is correct

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21my point is some racism is more overt in europe than in the US particularly in the fields of sports and politicsb, 21b, 21i believe that is correct b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Stop please. b, 21b, 21You can't compare using such broad stokes, it's meaningless.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    comparisons was not the point of the post i simply wanted to raise awarnessb, 21b, 21you are correct however about the broad strokesb, 21b, 21surely denouncing racism is commendable however, dont you agree

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    from what i understand they're having shitlods of video cameras in soccer stadiums, obvioulsy tons of cops, some places I think even run facial recognition scanners at the entrances. they have all the tools they'd need to fight this problem. You'll never be able to extinct stupidity in any society, regardless which continent but behavior like what you can see in those video clips (and plenty more simular other reports I've seen before) should be illegal and should have consequences. I'm not sure about Italy but in Germany for example, the fascist "Heil Hitler" salute is illegal and a punishable offense. So why don't they just arrest these shits and give them a couple of hundred hours of community service? Why didn't they fire that trainer?b, 21b, 21I don't know the Italian or Spanish laws but I think pretty much any civilized democracy needs laws that forbid discimination on grounds of religion, race, sex etc. I'm sure the laws are there but why don't they get enforced?b, 21b, 21Everytime the fans of one of team commits a racial or fascist offence, the team management should be forced to pay a hefty fine. The worst teams would then pretty quickly go bankrupt and that's it. It's a travesty that Fifa doesn't even pay for the cops needed to secure their matches. Why should the taxpayer pay for this shit?b, 21b, 21When I was a teenage punk rocker, I've been chased down enough streets by post soccer match skinhead hooligans to advocate the use of very broad strokes to put this scum in their place. Drunken, flagwaving garbage.