Eating @ the Computer: Keyboard Condom Necessary?

chungtechchungtech 290 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
Since I don't get new computers all that often, my current one is still in that new status. Eventually it will get to a point where I don't care about it and the screen will get gross and the keyboard will be nasty, but right now I care enough not to eat ramen while watching youtube and splashing msg soup all over the screen w/sesame seeds rolling under the keypad.b, 21b, 21ARE KEYBOARD CONDOMS NECESSARY TO KEEP MY MBP LOOKIN' NEW FOR AWHILE???

Comments

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 splashing msg soup b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21haha, i thought this was message soup, like alphabet soup's cousin or something...mmmmmmmmb, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21yes, keyboard dingers!

• Options
    keyboard condoms.b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif" alt="" 21

• If I didn't have one my keyboard would be full of small dried bits of vegetation and ash.

• turn mine upside and i've got enough goods for a spliff

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    My wife has killed 3 keyboard in the last few years with tea, so I would say yes (or use a sippy cup).

• i just push the keyboard out of the way

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    those pressurized air cans that are supposed to blow all the crumbs away are useless. It blows some things out and just leaves a fine dust over everything that is impossible to clean. b, 21b, 21100% co-sign on MSG soup spilled everywhere. I put sheets of paper over my keyboard now when I eat.

• spilled green tea, chocolate milk, and bluberry milkshake all directly into the computer

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21ARE KEYBOARD CONDOMS NECESSARY TO KEEP MY MBP LOOKIN' NEW FOR AWHILE??? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21At the very least, it would keep your keyboard from getting pregnant. And don't front???it's not like that's not a possibility. You know you surf teh interwebs with one hand.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I would be very cautious about liquids near a Mac Book Pro, it takes very little volume to knock it out of commission and the new MBPs have liquid sensors that will tell the service techs if there's been a spill, and then they will void the warranty. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/f-u.gif" alt="" 21