how do I get innauguration tickets?

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
My congressman? Senator? Who's ass do I need to kiss to get some tickets???b, 21b, 21b, 21I want my little 1/2 baby to be there when the first 1/2 baby president is sworn in.

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    As the price skyrockets for an ostensibly free ticket to Barack Obama's inaugural swearing-in -- and as federal legislation to outlaw their sale looms -- questions remain about how to legally obtain the tickets.b, 21b, 21Members of the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies, who host the big swearing-in ceremony, say the only way to obtain a real ticket is by contacting your local congressional representative, each of whom will be given tickets to the Jan. 20 event to distribute free the day before.b, 21b, 21Some members of Congress, who typically get several hundred tickets to pass out, have received thousands of requests. The office of Sen. Benjamin L. Cardin (D-Md.), for example, told the Washington Post that it had fielded 40,000 requests as of Monday.b, 21b, 21Depending on your congressional district, there will almost certainly be more requests than tickets.b, 21b, 21Rep. Danny K. Davis (D-Ill.) has gotten 8,000 requests but hasn't decided how to divvy the tickets up.b, 21b, 21b, 21"There's a possibility we'll have enough for everyone," Davis' executive personal assistant, Clayton Boyd, told the Chicago Tribune.b, 21b, 21Some lawmakers have automated request forms on their websites. Others ask that constituents e-mail requests. Some suggest they'll award tickets by lottery.b, 21b, 21Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), who chairs the inaugural committee, suggested that people think carefully before traveling to Washington, warning that hotel space is limited and temperatures on Inauguration Day could be "very cold."b, 21b, 21Feinstein plans to introduce a bill this month that would make scalping the tickets a misdemeanor.b, 21b, 21Meantime, Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton of Washington, D.C., is urging Obama's staff to add inaugural events away from the National Mall to give more people a chance to join the celebrations.b, 21b, 21But there is one niche in the upcoming inaugural that's actually seeking participants: If you want to march in the inaugural parade, applications are being taken by the Armed Forces Inaugural Committee.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    My Representatives b, 21 b, 21 b, 21 b, 21Sen.b, 21Barbara Boxerb, 21(D-CA) b, 21 b, 21 b, 21 b, 21Sen.b, 21Dianne Feinsteinb, 21(D-CA) b, 21 b, 21 b, 21 b, 21Rep.b, 21Susan A. Davisb, 21(D-CA-53rd) b, 21 b, 21b, 21b, 21They are all ladies, which puts the ball in my court (deadly handsome related).

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    U DONT RLY NEED TIX 2 PARTY

• I checked my "congressperson's" (Eleanor Holmes Norton) web site and this is what it says:b, 21b, 21No Inauguration Tickets Availableb, 21b, 21Please do not call or e-mail this office.b, 21b, 21Because of the high demand for tickets, this office can no longer take names. We are in discussions with President-Elect Barack Obama???s office and other officials on how to best accommodate the high demand. Check here for details in the future. Again, please do not call or e-mail our office concerning inauguration events. b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21And I live here!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Yeah. Jim Webb's people just laughed when I called.b, 21b, 21They gonna have to book FedEX Field!b, 21b, 21Is there a party at Marvin?

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Yeah. Jim Webb's people just laughed when I called.b, 21b, 21They gonna have to book FedEX Field!b, 21b, 21Is there a party at Marvin? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Not sure what they're doing yet but they will be hosting multiple parties for sure (the inquiries started before the election).

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Try contacting your nearest Far Right Republican Representative. Chances are they still have some as their constituents aren't hip to history being made. Lie and say you live in their district.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21b, 21They are all ladies, which puts the ball in my court (deadly handsome related). b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21once again you made me laugh out loud and scare my children.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    They really need to auction these off to help pay for the economic stimulus plan or something. People who get their hands on these are gonna be able to make a killing.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    It's funny you should mention this as my uncle, who was an important member of the Nigerian regency, recently died and left in my possession tickets to the inauguration. Unfortunately I am stuck in Nigeria and unable to claim these tickets, however, I have been passed your details as a reliable American who may be able to use these tickets for the cause they are meant for. All I require is your bank account details and I will arrange for these to be sent to you as a matter of priority.