I almost started a RACE thread on Soulstrut...

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
... because I have so many thoughts and ideas running through my mind over the last few days. I then realized it would be a really bad idea to start one on Soulstrut.b, 21b, 21Did me posting this thread about "almost" making a race thread actually mean I made a race thread? b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/postmodern.gif" alt="" 21

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    you sound white & black

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    "OH SNAP."b, 21b, 21I was actually just going to search for that "mixed race" thread right now... img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif" alt="" 21

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    remember how europeans on the strut like to front all racially progressive when talking about the reactionary u.s.? they are such backward nations - the kind of behavior i would expect from countries with white presidents

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21remember how european countries like to front all progressive when talking about the u.s.? they are such backward nations - the kind of behavior i would expect from countries with white presidents b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21But unlike many European nations, we still haven't elected a WOMAN PRESIDENT... "OH SNAP."

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21remember how europeans on the strut like to front all racially progressive when talking about the reactionary u.s.? they are such backward nations - the kind of behavior i would expect from countries with white presidents b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21haha.... rubbing a Black Pres in Euros faces is the new.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    mixed babies are the future!b, 21b, 21EDIT: "Its not like I'm racist. Some of my favorite children aren't white!"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    RACE BAITER.

Its funny how Obama has cats discussing "mixed-race".b, 21b, 21Its not some new phenomenon.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21remember how european countries like to front all progressive when talking about the u.s.? they are such backward nations - the kind of behavior i would expect from countries with white presidents b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21But unlike many European nations, we still haven't elected a WOMAN PRESIDENT... "OH SNAP." b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21 [color:blue]Margaret Thatcher is not a woman !--color--1/font1

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Its funny how Obama has cats discussing "mixed-race".b, 21b, 21Its not some new phenomenon. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21you saying my baby isn't phenomenal?b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/emil.gif" alt="" 21

haha

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Its funny how Obama has cats discussing "mixed-race".b, 21b, 21Its not some new phenomenon. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Bi-racial children are beautiful!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    haha here's a topic for youb, 21/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Bad News, Good News [Kathryn Jean Lopez]b, 21b, 21The bad news from USS NR this morning: Both Fred Thompson and Mitt Romney turned down the RNC chair job when I offered it to each this morning. (Aren't you glad to know it's mine to give away?) The good news: Mike Steele seems to be a frontrunner in the hearts of the crowd here.b, 21b, 2111/09 12:21 PMb, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Its funny how Obama has cats discussing "mixed-race".b, 21b, 21Its not some new phenomenon. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21all[/b] children are beautiful! b, 21b, 21h, 21

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    yeah right, ive seen some ugly ass babies

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21remember how europeans on the strut like to front all racially progressive when talking about the reactionary u.s.? they are such backward nations - the kind of behavior i would expect from countries with white presidents b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21europe has leaders like berlusconi! GO FIGURE!

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21haha here's a topic for youb, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Bad News, Good News [Kathryn Jean Lopez]b, 21b, 21The bad news from USS NR this morning: Both Fred Thompson and Mitt Romney turned down the RNC chair job when I offered it to each this morning. (Aren't you glad to know it's mine to give away?) The good news: Mike Steele seems to be a frontrunner in the hearts of the crowd here.b, 21b, 2111/09 12:21 PMb, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21If that happens, he's head of GOPAC now, it's a very good look. I have interviewed him a few times. At the convention I asked him what the African American case against Obama was. He replied: "I'm going to make the American case against Obama."

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21yeah right, ive seen some ugly ass babies b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21For real, esp. w/ mixed race babies, there's what I call "good hapa" vs. "awkward hapa." b, 21b, 21Yeah, yeah, I know. b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/emil.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Its funny how Obama has cats discussing "mixed-race".b, 21b, 21Its not some new phenomenon. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21you saying my baby isn't phenomenal?b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/emil.gif" alt="" 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21The fact you found someone and that person wanting to have sex with you is the real spectacle.

Oh snap. It hath been tooken there.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Oh snap. It hath been tooken there. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Oli:b, 21b, 21I was trying to find that "take this in the spirit of friendship...the fact that you have a girlfriend is amazing" graemlin.b, 21b, 21Gary, hope you know I'm kidding.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    For future reference: b, 21b, 21 Waxidermy Graemlin Playground

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    /font1
    b, 21b, 21Jokes aside, what's happened in the US this week has given me pause for thought as just exactly how long it might take for a black person to reach a corresponding position of power in the UK. I won't presume to speak for other European nations, but I'd imagine the picture wouldn't be wildly different. Anyway, my conclusion was; A Long, Long, Long f*cking Time.

• Rascal for PM, innit?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    /font1
    b, 21b, 21True, but this way it means some people can somehow continue to delude themselves that The Most Powerful Nation on Earth hasn't actually elected a black man President.b, 21b, 21I happened to be reading one of the shittier UK tabloids on the Tube last Friday night, killing time on the way to meet some friends for a drink. I caught the weekly column by this dude Jon Gaunt, who's a fairly representative example of a UK Rush Limbaugh wannabe. He was getting pretty steamed-up about how sick he is of people calling Obama "black" - "He isn't black - he's mixed-race!" - and this was followed by some witless canard about how it's racist to say Obama is black. I shouldn't be surprised by this shit, but it still aggravates me to think there are white people, no matter how stupid they may be, that think they have the right to make this kind of call. Like the man himself said, "When I try to catch a cab in Manhattan, I'm black".

Seriously. I mean, thanks to all the slave rape that went on, most African Americans are of "mixed race" descent. b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icegrill.gif" alt="" 21

/font1
    b, 21b, 21True, but this way it means some people can somehow continue to delude themselves that The Most Powerful Nation on Earth hasn't actually elected a black man President.b, 21b, 21I happened to be reading one of the shittier UK tabloids on the Tube last Friday night, killing time on the way to meet some friends for a drink. I caught the weekly column by this dude Jon Gaunt, who's a fairly representative example of a UK Rush Limbaugh wannabe. He was getting pretty steamed-up about how sick he is of people calling Obama "black" - "He isn't black - he's mixed-race!" - and this was followed by some witless canard about how it's racist to say Obama is black. I shouldn't be surprised by this shit, but it still aggravates me to think there are white people, no matter how stupid they may be, that think they have the right to make this kind of call. Like the man himself said, "When I try to catch a cab in Manhattan, I'm black". b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Yup. I have a co-worker who continues to bring this up.b, 21 "He's not 100% Black,etc."b, 21b, 21If he got on the elevator w/ your ass, he'd be Black - no question.b, 21b, 21b, 21On another side, I'd like to hear from some Africans.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21remember how europeans on the strut like to front all racially progressive when talking about the reactionary u.s.? they are such backward nations - the kind of behavior i would expect from countries with white presidents b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Jokes aside, what's happened in the US this week has given me pause for thought as just exactly how long it might take for a black person to reach a corresponding position of power in the UK. I won't presume to speak for other European nations, but I'd imagine the picture wouldn't be wildly different. Anyway, my conclusion was; A Long, Long, Long f*cking Time. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21All this "ooh look, they've elected a black man. How progressive of them / How racist of us that we can't do the same" bullshit just annoys me. The situations in the UK and the US aren't comparable. b, 21b, 21The UK Black population is a much smaller %, the majority of which have lived here for relatively short period of time. And if we're doing it just for tokenism, it would probably make more sense to elect a Indian or Pakistani, but then you enter into conflicts of religion ect..b, 21b, 21Also, I like to believe that Obama was elected because he was the best man for the job. And that if a similar non-white candidate would come along, who could inspire the young voters, then such a event could happen in the UK, (there are plenty who believed that such a thing would never be possible in the US, before Obama).

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    It's a RACE thread!................... b, 21b, 21

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    RACE THREAD!!!