Carl Craig & Moritz Von Oswald - Recomposed Vol. 3

On_the_Red_ClayOn_the_Red_Clay 1,728 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
b, 21b, 21Was secptical to say the least, but this is img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/melt.gif" alt="" 21b, 21Anybody else feeling this?

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    how could it be bad

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Recently had my own Carl Craig retrospective revisiting some of his classic nineties output so well in the mood to check this out and will be doing so shortly.....

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,787 Posts
    Considering that two of the highlights of the Tony Allen remixes came from these guys, yes, I want to check it. What's it like?

• To answer both Kala and Duderonomy:b, 21b, 21in theory, the combination of the Berlin Philharmoniker in 1986 + Ravel's "Bolero" + the continuing hype to remix everything including your grandmothers kitchen utensils + two techno producers = teutonic and unfunky techno-fest img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/suspect5es.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21b, 21in reality, it turns out to be a very subtle and drawn-out suite of 9 movements in which the two gentlemen restrain both themselves and the obviousness of the samples - the result is spacey and pretty timeless. img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jeigh.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21b, 21ps: Junior, i did the same a few weeks back... the gold-labeled 69 ep might be the best thing he's ever done.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21ps: Junior, i did the same a few weeks back... the gold-labeled 69 ep might be the best thing he's ever done. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 214 Jazz Funk Classics? Ha! My retrospective only journeyed as far back as Landcruising (lazy CD/Mp3 revisiting related) but I think that 69 ep does have to be up there with not just his best work but anything produced in dance music at that time. All this talk has made me think I'm going to have to pull out the techno crate from its dusty hole in the back of the cupboard in the back of the spare bedroom and dig it out for later on tonight......

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i found the 69 ep with a note/dedication to plastikman in itb, 21i guess ritchie didn't like it?b, 21tasteful/timeless stuff

God I haven't listened to any of Ritchie Hawtin's stuff in a long long time - think I'll add some F.U.S.E. and Plastikman to the records to haul out tonight.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tunes.gif" alt="" 21 recomposed vol. 3