GOP Where To?

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
GW brought together the 3 legs of the Republican party. 1Fiscal conservatives free marketeers2)Neocons/Hawks 3)social conservatives. We now see that Republicans have no fiscal restraint. Also that gov regs are needed and markets can't be trusted. We see the neocon ideal of spreading democracy by force was a mistake. And that having the most powerful military does not mean you can win any war. We see that the social conservatives are little more than hateful bigots who want to roll back a woman's right to choose and to earn equal pay. They attack gays, immigrants and anyone else who doesn't look like or think like them. In short they have no Christian charity in their hearts. McCain embraced #1+2 and tried to embrace 3 for the sake of the election. But all have failed and been rejected by the American people (I hope).So what is the new direction of the R party?

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• So what is the new direction of the R party?

to find someway to make the rural and uneducated gel with the rich (the only 2 groups they have loyalty from as the election proved)

• So what is the new direction of the R party?

to find someway to make the rural and uneducated gel with the rich (the only 2 groups they have loyalty from as the election proved)

If they pull that one off they deserve to win.

• How can you say that the American people have rejected social conservatism based on the results of some of yesterday's ballot initiatives?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    How can you say that the American people have rejected social conservatism based on the results of some of yesterday's ballot initiatives?

Your right. This could well be the direction of the gop.

I think these things often work as ballot measures but sound bad coming from a candidate.

• How can you say that the American people have rejected social conservatism based on the results of some of yesterday's ballot initiatives?

Your right. This could well be the direction of the gop.

I think these things often work as ballot measures but sound bad coming from a candidate.

next election there will be anti gay ballot initiatives in every other state in the union that hasn't done it minus hawaii, vermont and new york (I'm guessing about those places, so could be there too!).

in arkansas they voted a measure that won't allow gay couples to adopt children. how nice.

the spreads in teh states won by mccain make me think the GOP hasn't gone anywhere for the forseeable future.

i would hardly call this a swing to the left. maybe like a swing from extreme right to middle right.