"feedback extortion" complaints-ebay related

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
I have a buyer threatening me with negative feedback if I dont give him a discount. I offered a full refund on return of the item, but he said he will leave negative feedback if he has to mail the item back, but wont if I just give him a partial refund. dude wants to keep the record for cheap basically. I just filed a "feedback extortion complaint" and was wondering if anyone on here has done that and how it turned out...

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I have a buyer threatening me with negative feedback if I dont give him a discount. I offered a full refund on return of the item, but he said he will leave negative feedback if he has to mail the item back, but wont if I just give him a partial refund. dude wants to keep the record for cheap basically. I just filed a "feedback extortion complaint" and was wondering if anyone on here has done that and how it turned out...

The buyer has you by the ballz! He could just as easily perform a PayPal scam and you will be completely ass-out.

Is it a condition issue?

I had a $400 45 miraculously suffer an edge warp after I FedEcx'd it to the buyer. I had to give him $100 off in fear of Paypal chargeback

• I have a buyer threatening me with negative feedback if I dont give him a discount. I offered a full refund on return of the item, but he said he will leave negative feedback if he has to mail the item back, but wont if I just give him a partial refund. dude wants to keep the record for cheap basically. I just filed a "feedback extortion complaint" and was wondering if anyone on here has done that and how it turned out...

The buyer has you by the ballz! He could just as easily perform a PayPal scam and you will be completely ass-out.

Is it a condition issue?

I had a $400 45 miraculously suffer an edge warp after I FedEcx'd it to the buyer. I had to give him $100 off in fear of Paypal chargeback

we have been through paypal resolution. In the resolution agreement, It says I will issue a full refund when I receive the record back (he does not get the refund if he doesnt send it with tracking). Im fine with that, but dude doesnt want to ship it back, he just wants a discount and is now threatening negative feedback if he has to send it back. I know I am out the money, I just wanna make sure i get my record back and dont get unjustified negative feedback.

• Well then it doesn't sound like you will be out the money if he doesn't send it back. So everything should be OK for you, not withstanding the possibility of a negative.

• you can also put his id on blast so we can all block him

• Ill put it on blast when the matter is settled or PM me and Ill tell you, dont want this thread to be part of the investigation in case he lurks

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Well then it doesn't sound like you will be out the money if he doesn't send it back. So everything should be OK for you, not withstanding the possibility of a negative.

Yeah, if the guys doesn't provide proof of shipping it back within 10 days paypal should close the claim without giving him anything. I just dealt with this same situation a month or two ago.