A family friend was found dead(Ebay & more rel.)

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
This is a sad post, but I(as others) are in need of some quick answers that I figured someone on here might be able to assist with. A close family friend was found dead by his neighbor over the weekend. He was from Boston(where all of his family still lives, including an ill 90 year old mother and a father suffering from dementia) but has lived down here in SC for the past 10+ years. He honestly did not have many friends down here and was a shy dude, but none the less..a good hearted intelligent and kind dude. All he cared about was the Red Sox, the Greenville Drive(Boston's farm team located in my city..which he worked at), and puffing good smoke(and yeah, someone ganked his stash..neighbor or EMS one. REAL f*cking classy.). b, 21b, 21Here is where the advice is needed, my mother is basically handling most of everything right now..since all of his fam is up in Boston(they know and trust my mother, so they immediately asked her to go to his house to check it out and get anything important,etc...). This was done today. I'll be honest, the people handling the whole ordeal aren't the brightest people in the world(my mother included) or either to ill to think straight. So..dude did his Ebay hustle on the side..selling random things..baseball memorabilia and whatever else he found at flea markets he knew he could slang. It was more of a hobby that made him some extra bucks(not powerseller status..but still moved some shit). Now that dude has passed, he has tons of items that has been sold already/paid for/still up for auction/etc. What is the best way to handle this? This shit sounds super ignorant, but keep in mind that everyone is really shocked...this just came out of nowhere. Should a lawyer be contacted immediately or what? Googling has just been frustrating so far..so I figured I could take 10 minutes to make a post here and get more of a straight forward answer.b,121b,121Thanks to anyone that can help..and put some in the air for dude tonight. If he knew you, he'd wanted you to.b,121b,121RIP David. I'll never think of or see anything about the Red Sox or the Drive again without thinking about you, dude.b,121b,121the real dealb, 21img src=http://rossdouthat.theatlantic.com/fenway.jpg1b,121b,121our mini versionb, 21img src=http://greenvilledrive.com.ismmedia.com/ISM3/std-content/repos/Top/Multimedia/Photos for Pages/_dsc4939.jpg1b,121b,121his favorite past time besides the Soxb, 21img src=http://z.hubpages.com/u/190451_f260.jpg1

Comments

• RIP...sorry man. he's lucky to have good people like your fam to care about him.b,121b,121please clarify...are you lookin for a way to settle his pending ebay dealings?

• Thanks.b,121b,121Basically, we have a stack of packages that were ready to go out..so obviously, we can go ahead and just send those out. The thing is..he has many items that have ended/been paid for/etc since he died, so since we don't have his password(my mother looked, but couldn't find it written anywhere around his desk) I am guessing we don't know the addresses to send them too(the new won bidders), yadda yadda ya.b,121b,121I guess I just need to go through Ebay and start searching for "deceased seller" or some shit..but unless Ebay has changed, it used to be a real bitch maneuvering through that site(granted, I haven't really messed with Ebay in a minute now). I just wonder WHO has the real authority to alert them that a seller is actually dead since they deal with so many scam artists and shit. Police? Coroner? b, 21b, 21PS- I am an idiot.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Sorry for your loss.b,121I think Ebay needs to be contacted, their reps can send out emails to the winners/bidders on the situation. You may have to pick up the phone for this one though. Good luck.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    sorry for your loss man, may your friend rest in peace. sounded like a cool cat.b, 21b, 21i would probably contact e-bay and let them know what has happened. I'm sure they would have some sort of policy to contact the buyers (or you would hope so?)

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Real sad man.b,121May he rest in peace.b,121Get on the horn with Ebay, there must be some kind of protocol in a situation like this.

• sorry for your loss dude.b, 21did you try logging in ebay with his computer(may have password saved). may be a pain in the as$ waiting for ebay to get back to you. should be able to search his completed auctions and contact the winning bidders from contact ebay member screen.b, 21r.i.p. david.b,121peace, stein. . . img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21