Mad Professor live?

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
Y/N?

Comments

• object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Y/N? b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121i've seen him half a dozen timesb,121it was alright

• Same here, you could live without seeing him...

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Isn't he usually just on the mixing deck with a band. b, 21b, 21The one time I saw him was mixing for Lee Scratch Perry, so obviously it was killer.b, 21b, 21I guess if the band is good then go.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Isn't he usually just on the mixing deck with a band.b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121He also plays shows doing live dub mixes of his own material, usually coupled with a few vocalists or musicians on stage.b,121b,121I've seen him three times. The first time he had two killer female vocalist with him singing these haunting roots harmonies on top (think The Love Joys), the second time he had a horn section (I think w/ Dean Fraser on sax), and the third time he had various ragga people taking turns (Natasja RIP).b,121b,121On all three occasions it was a great show, especially the first one. This was in the mid-nineties, mind you, so I don't know what's up with him these days. I'd check him out. I know the Ras Trent crowd embraces him, but whatever man.