emancipation of mimi

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
ok, i haven't posted much on here and i definitely dont want to get pigeonholed as the ghey dude that likes mariah, but i've been feeling the singles from this album much more than any of her old stuff. actually, if you'd have mentioned mariah to me a year ago, i prolly would have just turned my nose up. more recently though... at first i was a little embarrassed to sing along to "we belong together," then last night i heard "shake it off" for the first time and that clenched it for me. is mariah getting better? did she get a talented producer? or am i really just turning

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    she got a buttload of talented producers on this last one. but im more a fan of her butterfly days. you know, when she was just getting slutty but was still trying to maintain a bit of her innocence. that shit was hot. and then when she busted out with that one video with dudes on jet skis and she's wearing a bikini, that was like the pinnacle of her success.

i recently tried to get onto her message board but was denied. i just wanted to confirm that her tittie popped out on some mtv awards show. anyways, i heard on the news the other day that she blames the failure of her "cinematic masterpiece" [her words, not mine] was a result of glitter being released a week before 9/11. an all time low for mariah. plus she dont do that dog whistle thing anymore and i was always amused by that.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i work at an internet cafe and some girl kept on asking me why mariah's site was down and implied that i had something to do with it. girl was ugly as hell so even if she blasted "we belong together" all fucking day, ain't no one would wanna fuck with her.

dude, im a dude, dude. how dare you.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    haha, isn't funny that the two japanese br**ns are posting in a mariah carrey thread together? in related mimi news, i watched state property 2 last night and she was good in that.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i've left soulstrut to look for a photo of mariah's tittay. eventhough she's

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    yeah the album is decent.. part of that has to do with jermaine dupri and how he likes to bite hot production styles.. that 'we belong' remix was good too..

doesn't she have a lisp?

state property 2, huh? does she get nekkid in it? what am i saying, i'll still rent it, regardless.

and, mandude, all you need to do is ask...

dont

scroll

down

if

youz a bitch!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    you know what's gayer? a brown guy that ADORES her ballads. maybe its an asian thing? i don't care, i think she has one of the best voices...i wonder if she ever listened to minnie cause she does that high octave thing... best mariah carey songs are

4th of july *****

without you cover

i'l be there cover

can't live

vision of love

thank god i found you

the wind

ps: what's up with the title, is she a drew CAREY fan? ohhhh that makes total sense!

and phuck the new album, its sucks! "i like her earlier stuff"

• this is one of the best threads i have seen in awhile. actually soul strut on the whole in my mind has been perking up lately.

• Mariah got some big ass tittaayyyssss

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    it's a very good cd for those who are into r& b

at the dvd store, "glitter" and jlo's "gigli" were alphabetically displayed side by side...i thought that was too ironic. i do want to watch both movies back to back really high to see if they're really as bad as people claim they are...hell i'l even follow it up with the britany spears movies and all the "ernest goes to..." and police academy movies and go out with a bang

• at the dvd store, "glitter" and jlo's "gigli" were alphabetically displayed side by side...i thought that was too ironic. i do want to watch both movies back to back really high to see if they're really as bad as people claim they are...hell i'l even follow it up with the britany spears movies and all the "ernest goes to..." and police academy movies and go out with a bang

they should do one of those Best Buy package dealys where they wrap em side by side at a Nice Price

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    ...hell i'l even follow it up with the britany spears movies and all the "ernest goes to..." and police academy movies and go out with a bang

You would most likely kill yourself before you even got through all the "Ernest" movies...out with a *bang* indeed...

I'm not gonna let a mariah carey thread die just like that on soulstrut as i can't see it happening again...but here's one of her good slow tunes "4th of july"

http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1JQB4Y3VTQ6ND3J2ATGHB1U8CJ

i'l make a shanice thread one day to compensate