CA Heads - How did/will you vote on 1A?

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
Curious. My pops is strongly opposed given the mismanagement of the project and its unnecessary environmental impact. I lean towards no on most propositions because we've had such a terrible history of bad ones, and because of the budget crisis, but in theory, I really do support high speed rail if done right.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    We have a similar ballot question here. I'm unsure how I'm going to vote because this is probably one of the absolute worst times to begin working on a rail system but we are going to permanently lose out on a huge chunk of federal funding if it doesn't get approved this time around. Here's the question (and notice the steel on steel wording):b, 21b, 21"Shall the powers, duties, and functions of the city, through its director of transportation services, include establishment of a steel wheel on steel rail transit system?"

• I dont live in CA, but this sounds like it'd create jobs.

• i voted yes (absentee ballot vote related).b,121b, 21one of the many things that's better in europe is the transportation system, that includes high speed rail. b,121b, 21my ballots already mailed out (+4 votes for obama in our family).

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121in theory, I really do support high speed rail if done right. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'm thinking about voting yes on this one.b,121b,121no on 8, and I guess I'll vote yes on 2 even if it does mean farmers will just move out of state or jack up prices. What do i care.b,121b,121what else is there?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,632 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Curious. My pops is strongly opposed given the mismanagement of the project and its unnecessary environmental impact. I lean towards no on most propositions because we've had such a terrible history of bad ones, and because of the budget crisis, but in theory, I really do support high speed rail if done right. b,121b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I'm inclined to vote no. $40 billion on something that will be slower than a plane and possibly more expensive? What's the point? Seems like a luxury we really can't afford.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    And it won't be done until 2030, and by that point cars will be flying.