Anyone else see Beck last noc

jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Saw Beck at Bill Grahm Civic last noc.Wasn't that bad of a show. They played Loser (of course) and the drum loop was replaced by a real drummer playing a 80s sounding BASIC ROCK PATTERN. It sounded sooo corny. That drum loop is the only redeeming part of that song. I just don't understand why the drummer wouldn't have at least attempted to play some sort of breakbeat.The opening group La Tigra almost made me puke. Aggro/Lesbo/ElectroThe other opening group TV Sherrif was good for some laughs. Their keyboards and other midi shit triggered all kinds of crazy video loops. I must be getting older cause came to the conclusion that I hate big concerts now. Nothing bigger than Yoshis from now on. That many people at once bug the shit out of me.I shouldn't gripe at all tho...tix were freeAnyone else go?

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The opening group La Tigra almost made me puke. Aggro/Lesbo/Electro
    i still like beck, although it's his old shit that get me all teary eyed... the lead singer of le tigre is ad-rock's wife, and beautiful women everywhere love them... just a suggestion. by the way, o'hare and back over the weekend with no k9's.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    le tigre's first record rocked.. now they are just garbage. i really like the new beck record too. its gotta paul's boutique feel (probly because of the dust bros.)

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    le tigre's first record rocked.. now they are just garbage.

my girlie loves le tigre, old and new. i could tollerate the older album.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    [the lead singer of le tigre is ad-rock's wife, and beautiful women everywhere love them...
    I just assumed they were gay because they were singing about being gay w/ a gigantic image of a rainbow covering the stage.

Whether they will admit it or not... everyone loves lesbians...everyone

as long as they don't look like this: