Is NOES2: Freddy's Revenge a metaphor for hmsxlty?

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
that last word was homosexuality.b, 21b, 21b, 21because there is a lot of pretty gay imagery here. I never really payed attention before, but its like, this whole movie HAS to be ametaphor for being gay. and coming out of the closet. kinda like Fright Night too.b, 21b, 21b, 21thoughts?

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121that last word was homosexuality.b, 21b,121b, 21because there is a lot of pretty gay imagery here. I never really payed attention before, but its like, this whole movie HAS to be ametaphor for being gay. and coming out of the closet. kinda like Fright Night too.b, 21b,121b, 21thoughts? b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21Sexual subtext (whether straight or queer) in a horror film? No way!b, 21b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" /1

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    It's the most unsubtle subtext of any horror film I've ever seen. It's hinted at from the offset and you're kinda thinking "oh, right" around the point where he meets his teacher in the gay bar which ends in ghostly S&M. However, all doubts are finally put to rest at the point where he runs away from having sex with his girlfriend to spend the night in his male friend's bedroom.b,121b, 21Best exploding bird scene in a film ever though.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121It's the most unsubtle subtext of any horror film I've ever seen. It's hinted at from the offset and you're kinda thinking "oh, right" around the point where he meets his teacher in the gay bar which ends in ghostly S&M. However, all doubts are finally put to rest at the point where he runs away from having sex with his girlfriend to spend the night in his male friend's bedroom.b,121b, 21Best exploding bird scene in a film ever though. b,121b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21i don't know, maybe you are watching different films than me, but it isn't like the ONLY exploding bird scene ever ?

I seem to recall there being exploding birds in How High as well. It's an undoubtedly undervalued device that's for sure but when you start with as high a landmark as NOES2's budgie-exploding-due-to-problems-with-central-heating then it's always going to be tough to bring something new to the scene.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Yeah, so most of these "sexual undertones" go right over my head usually. So when I'm watching a movies and thinking "wow, thats pretty gay" then its pretty gay. I remember looking up Fright Night after watching it last year and reading some Gay bloggers explanation about how that whole movie is about repressed homosexuality and coming out of the closet and I remember thinking "wow, he's right!"

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    So... what's the verdict on "Sleepaway Camp"?

I give Sleepaway Camp a gay subtext rating of 1 out of 10. The thing that always impressed me most about Sleepaway Camp was how a run of the mill slasher with little to recommend it suddenly reached whole new levels of insanity with "that shot". If I was Felissa Rose I would have requested to be played by a male with a larger appendage though personally.b, 21b, 21The sequels starring Bruce Springsteen's sister Pamela as the post sex change Angela are well worth a visit.

• FREDDY WILL HAVE HIS REVENGE!/b1b, 21b, 21img src="http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/Freddie_Mercury-lover-l.jpg"1