Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
"Duude ever since Jason left, my inner rocker has been doubting himself. Jason quitting has caused an avalanche in my soul and now my inner rock god is trapped in this dark & damp cave due to a bunch of boulders blocking the exit. Even taking my various $400,000 choppers for joyrides hasn't been cutting it.""Yah, me too. I haven't been able to enjoy buying million dollar paintings that i can't explain why i like, except that they are expensive. We should hire a therapist/'performance enhance coach' that charges us a ridiculous rate to help us get though our insular wealthy rocker self-pity."[enter Phil Towle, therapist/performance enchancement coach][/b]: "Lars, James - You two are Metallica. Jason is not. Metallica is good. Repeat after me. Metallica is good. Metallica is good. Metallica is good." : (In unison) "Metallica is good. Metallica is good.":" Now go have a killer jam session! Metallica is good!"[jam session at fancy expensive studio][/b]:"Lars what the fuck are you doing on the drums?":" FUCK YOU! I'm trying to make this song more interesting and want to do that with experimental rhythms.":"It's way off and awkward sounding. Can't you find the beat?": (voice wavering) "Guys...please stop fighting. Just take a deep breath. Your arguing is keeping me from totally shredding on this solo. I don't know what to do with myself if I can't shred!"[therapy session #2][/b]:"Lars totally sucks at drums. I've held back on saying this for decades. I wish we could have kicked this one trick pony out, but he invented Metallica.": (In James' Face)" FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCK YOUUUUUUU!!!!!:"You guys need to let it all out. You guys need to chanel Saint Anger, if you will. : " ROCK n' ROLL!!"[/b]

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Kirk Hammet is such a fuckin hippy!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    what a bunch of whiners!

times are so tough. i have to sell my baquiats.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I had a "car-wreck" fascination with this movie, I had to see it...good god they are pussies, especially James....Dave Mustaine comes off as a total puss also.

Cliff wouldnt have let this shit happen.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    File under: Bands that should've retired years ago...

I just pretend they don't exist anymore. But I (guilty admission) actually like the Black Album in retrospect...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    But I (guilty admission) actually like the Black Album in retrospect...
    hell yes!! "of wolf an man" is my shit.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    But I (guilty admission) actually like the Black Album in retrospect...
    hell yes!! "of wolf an man" is my shit.

Yeah, I mean I kinda pretend it's a different band though... it doesn't even stand in the same building as their previous recordings...

• It was interesting to see my perception of the funny, rocking "Alcoholica" dudes of my youth turn into wealthy dudes undergoing some sort of psychological collapse.

"I couldn't make it to my son's first b-day cause I was hunting elk in Alaska".

Cliff wouldnt have let this shit happen.

The heart and soul of Metallica

I have seen both line-ups of Metallica live, and it was so much heavier and dangerous with Cliff...RIP

• ...good god they are pussies, especially James....

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    This post is so "stock".

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I went out and bought this and I'm not even a Metallica fan. I must have watched it 3 times in a row. I found it fascinating that these once tough guy metal heads are such emotional wimps now.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

maybe the bright spots for hip-hop, metal and punk are short lived because the danger element is really kind of important for these once feared musical genres.
    When a band or artist becomes a household name, you cant be "dangerous" anymore, so you either climb the ladder to where you become a personality/celebrity ala Snoop Dog or you become full of yourself and make really crappy music and bad decisions. There are very very few dudes who have been able to hang on to their bad-assness. Lemmy is still a scumbag after almost 40 years in the biz, but even he isnt as dangerous as he was in the 70s. You cant recreate that element in music.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    yes, Dave Mustaine is almost softer than all of them.

the best part was when Lars was driving his pops around listening to the album. he kept talking about how his dad is a huge influence and is a very wise man. so then after listening to the opening track, Lars says to pops "what do you think?"

and pops says in thick danish accent,

"Uhhh...I don't know what to say, except delete this one."

haha, real constructive pops!

and Lars looked completely crushed after that "delete" comment

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    bunch of jpegs and text

does that mean I dont have to rent it anymore?