Anyone else have a really good weekend???

The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
n4n but, i feel this weekend was something fun. i wish i had more pictures, but it was hard to keep up. that's what she said. i moved to a new city on friday, and got most of my stuff set up where it was enough to entertain a good number of people [ie. my wheel of steels, couch/seating, and alcohol] before going out, as well as the afterparty prior to the hotel lobby. the next morning my rooftop looked like a damn Hamm's & Old Style recycling center, and i had some earrings and necklace left on the floor by my bed [yea'bro!]. did waaaaay too much dancing, but i think it worked off all the penang tofu i ate in the mornings. lord only knows what will go down this upcoming weekend as it's my birthday. i1"c'mon everybody say 'Maximuuuus,' MAXIMUS!"[/i]b,121b,121ohh and saturday is someone's birthday on here too, ho-llar! you know i was gonna make it out there but since i just moved it cannot be done at this moment. b,121b,121img src="http://www.elimin8.net/flix/6o0A9_rufftop.JPG"1b,121b,121b,121b,121so how was everyone else's [hopefully] 3 day weekend?

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Mine was insane. Booze, drugs, sex, DJing, parties, more parties, and I had a close friend and his girlfriend over for a couple of nights.b,121b,121They tried to get me into a three-way with them. I declined.b,121b,121I'm tired.

• I had to stop fuskin to throw up.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Travelled 250 miles with a group of mates to an old friend's wedding in the idyllic countryside surrounded by bustling brooks and towering hills. Got there with ten minutes to spare, drank for 14 hours, passed out in the evil travel lodge for 4 hours, then travelled back again. A great time was had by all I believe and enjoyed meeting up again with people I hadn't seen in many years. Beautiful bit of the countryside as well.b,121b,121Am suffering for it now though - I feel like my body's rejecting my organs.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    It was a moving weekend for me, too.b,121b,121Had a superfun Friday night with my girl - drank a mickey of brandy, went dancing, got h*gh, ended up at a friend's house and had YouTube music wars - two on two - til 4.30 and then came home. b,121b,121Sunday had a fun Thanksgiving meal/get-together at Man's sister's place. The Dalwhinnie really hit the spot after packing and moving boxes and boxes and boxes for two days straight.b,121b,121The whole weekend was packing and moving; a lot of hard work, a lot of dusting and, at times, tension over all the records we had to move - I felt bad. Still have more records at the old place and all my clothes and this and that. My folks came over to the new place last night with food and two bottles of wine and we sat on the deck, drinking out of plastic cups and looked at the fruit trees and took it all in. b,121b,121Given the AMAZING pay-off of falling asleep and waking up in our own place, it was a hard weekend, but a really really really good weekend. And that extra day off was a huge help.b,121b,121I hope folks had a good one, too!

• although my weekend didnt involve any hedonistic activity (well except a party in my mind when I listened to some new records while enjoying some hash) it was good as we checked out the new house thoroughly. I was pleased to see that the back house (my new record lounge) is wired for sound! There are four speakers installed in the walls and it is heavily insulated (there was a stereo reciever hooked up to them and although I only had the REM tune on the radio at the moment to test it, I cranked the speakers up and you could hear nary a sound outside). The kitchen is pretty bad ass, it already has a direct TV dish hooked up and every room is wired for it. Nice screened in porch, a deck on the back. Also the back yard is bricked, except for a small garden and "dog yard"...so no mowing! Also, it turns out that the oldest tree in Memphis will reside in our front yard...some folks from the University came out a few years ago and analyzed the tree and said it was around 350 years old and was probably the oldest tree in Memphis..so that is pretty cool. The best part about the house? It is the house directly next to us now...so when we move, no moving truck rental nightmares, no buying a thousand boxes...we have a month to move all the stuff also, so just have to move a few things every day.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I had to stop fuskin to throw up.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^b,121I want to party with this guy.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Also the back yard is bricked, except for a small garden and "dog yard"...so no mowing!
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121yeah that's a really good part. i mean mowing is easy, but it's sooooo tedious! hate it. as you can see in the flick above, my "backyard" only consists of some A/C units, and an exhaust fan from the fancy, chick place Japanese fusion joint under me.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    shitloads of booze, passin out in a club, waking up somewhere i dont know how i got there, getting ready for djing (=more booze again), actual gig, insane party crowd, 2 nice girls carrying me to their appartment, sex, depression. b,121b,121

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Good digging on Saturday, worked the Italian Festival all day Sunday, and went on a long motorcycle ride on Monday.b,121b,121And... this is the first weekend in a month where I haven't had to recuperate my f'd up back.

• got way tore up offada goose on saturdayb,121passed up some sure sex to try and sexify the ex and then got deniedb,121went home to sleep at 5am to be woken up by the ex at like 8:30, she came into my bed to cuddle and then take me to braekfast, still denied

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Strutters are coming off some hard drinking this Tuesday - is it just the long weekend or should I be worried?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Gaffler, you made that hot sauce?

• peep my fivery threadb,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121[color:"white"1I omitted a lot!--color--1/font1 b,121b,121b,121b,121 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif" alt= /]

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121although my weekend didnt involve any hedonistic activity (well except a party in my mind when I listened to some new records while enjoying some hash) it was good as we checked out the new house thoroughly. I was pleased to see that the back house (my new record lounge) is wired for sound! There are four speakers installed in the walls and it is heavily insulated (there was a stereo reciever hooked up to them and although I only had the REM tune on the radio at the moment to test it, I cranked the speakers up and you could hear nary a sound outside). The kitchen is pretty bad ass, it already has a direct TV dish hooked up and every room is wired for it. Nice screened in porch, a deck on the back. Also the back yard is bricked, except for a small garden and "dog yard"...so no mowing! Also, it turns out that the oldest tree in Memphis will reside in our front yard...some folks from the University came out a few years ago and analyzed the tree and said it was around 350 years old and was probably the oldest tree in Memphis..so that is pretty cool. The best part about the house? It is the house directly next to us now...so when we move, no moving truck rental nightmares, no buying a thousand boxes...we have a month to move all the stuff also, so just have to move a few things every day.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Congrats on the "find" -- nice one! Will you be buying or renting? I am going to start looking for a house early next year and I was hoping to find one with a detached garage for a listening/smoking lounge (and woodworking lab). b,121b,121I want a lawn, though I would prefer one I could mow easily with a manual, non-powered mower.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Gaffler, you made that hot sauce?
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121i didn't see the recipe before i left for the weekend so no. b,121b,121SEND IT TO MEH!!!b,121b,121i ate out the entire weekend, which included:b,121- tempeh rubenb,121- penang tofu, EXTRA SPICYb,121- #6 veg minus cheese & mayo from jimmy john'sb,121- pita/hummus with lentil soup, and a falafel gyrob,121- penang tofu againb,121- instant thai lemongrass pouch meal which was pretty dope, and some lime chipsb,121b,121b,121ohh and, a funny food related story from the weekend. after friday night's adventure 2 of my friends got baked and ordered a "dessert pizza" from gumby's and the Lebanon Don passed out in it. when i picked them up the next morning for our Thai "brunch" he had chocolate icing all over his shoulder.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Strutters are coming off some hard drinking this Tuesday - is it just the long weekend or should I be worried?
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121In the UK it was only the normal two day weekend..........

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I too enjoyed a 3-day weekend. My daughter didn't have school yesterday, so I took the day off to spend it with her. That's pretty much how Saturday and Sunday were spent as well. Over the course of the 3-days, we went to the nursery and then did a bunch of planting in our backyard, went to Eastwoods Park to play, went to Central Market to eat and play, went to Trudy's for dinner one night and Olive Garden for dinner the next night (both with Mama in tow), and we went to Music Mania and picked up a stack of 45's for my daughter's Fisher Price turntable. b,121b,121Oh yeah, my daughter drew a picture at school last week and descrribed it to us as her expression of "I want to be a dog". So that night we pulled out the Stooges album and played her "I Want to Be Your Dog" on her little turntable. Upon hearing it, she pitched it up to 45 speed. I switched it back and she insisted that it go back again to 45 speed. Then she danced all over our living room to it, making my wife and I realize that maybe 45 speed is indeed a better look for that song. b,121b,121Also, Texas beat Oklahoma, Texas beat Oklahoma, Texas beat Oklahoma, Texas Beat Oklahoma!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Matt Stairs got his ASS HAMMERED by a BUNCH OF GUYS last night. My weekend was GREAT!

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Olive Garden for dinner the next night
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121"i mean, take yesterday for example, we were out at the Olive Garden for dinner, which was lovely... and uh, i happen to look over at a certain point during the meal and see a waitress taking an order..."

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Olive Garden for dinner the next night
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121"i mean, take yesterday for example, we were out at the Olive Garden for dinner, which was lovely... and uh, i happen to look over at a certain point during the meal and see a waitress taking an order..."
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121You got me...?b,121b,121But when we were at Trudy's, we had this carpetbagger waitress who was nice enough...but she tried to introduce us to a place that we've already been to like 500+ times. At that point, I turned to my wife and said she must be from LA. Then when our Mexican martini came and it was apparently made with something other than the Hurradura Silver that we specifically ordered...I said to my wife one single word that made her crack the hell up. That word was: Chatsworth.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    My weekend sucked. Married with kids. 'Nuff said.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Had a bittersweet Friday night...one of my best friends in the world had a going-away party on Friday night (he left for L.A. on Monday). It always makes you think when someone you know casually splits town, but when it's somebody close that you've been through a lot with... b,121b,121On a more optimistic note, I met a girl at an Obama-themed backyard party, and we're supposed to hook up at a coffeeshop tomorrow. So, whatever goes down, at least I know her politics are on point...

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I met a girl at an Obama-themed backyard party, and we're supposed to hook up at a coffeeshop tomorrow. So, whatever goes down, at least I know her politics are on point...
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121"you should come by my house and I can play you some Marvin Gaye"

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Matt Stairs got his ASS HAMMERED by a BUNCH OF GUYS last night. My weekend was GREAT!
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Played football for the first time in like 10 years at my uncles birfday party. It was pretty fun but I am still sore 3 days later. A bit of frisbee golf sunday morning. I should've used some of my old weak sauce rec's I may have played better. After that I come back to watch the Bears lose on some total WTF type shiz. Overall Saturday good Sunday sucked. I did get to bone though and didn't end up throwing up which apparently is an issue these days.

• I found an apartment & was approved for a lease, finished a couple of freelance design jobs, went to TWO great soul/psych club nights where my new LA neighbors (mostly female) greeted me very warmly, went to numerous Thai, Chinese, Mexican & Indian restaurants, saw APPALOOSA... and had an amazing time with my girl throughout. It was even more amazing when we had the house to ourselves yesterday. Cough. When we got caught in four-hour 101 gridlock taking her home last night, all either of us could do was smile.b,121b,121

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I was gonna start this same thread yesterday!b,121b,121My Saturday night was incredible! My weekly coincided with our Club Crawl event, which is one of those huge block parties where every bar has like 3-4 local bands playing. Our club had 3 Hip Hop groups performing so I closed the night out from 12:30p to 2p. The place was PACKED. People were dancing everywhere! Dancefloor, staircase, stage, balcony...out of control! My weekly's called Get Loose! and it really a href="http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/2/m_a494ed2b660d45f5aa3409e5e2e02455.jpg" target="_blank"1lived up to its' name this week! I had to stick to strictly Microwave 'cause the sessy ladies dancing on stage kept 'causing my needles to skip on my vinyl twelves.b,121b,121It was extra special 'cause my Mom was watching the Tejano band on the stage outside our club and came through and danced to my set. I ended the night with the Motown Remixes version of "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" that was my staple closer at my previous weekly. EVERYBODY was singing along.b,121b,121Other highlights include:b,121b,121- Sunday lunch with Mom in which she hugged me and said "Have you been working out?"b,121b,121- Having a serious conversation that I turned from tender with tears to tender with smiles. I care too much to play the a$$hole role.b,121b,121- Found out the club owner took out radio ads to promote my weekly! I didn't know 'til after the fact so I didn't get to add any input, but I'm happy with it nonetheless! (At least they didn't mess up and call me Homo Herm!) b,121object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divplaylist"1embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=5580961-4ab" width="335" height="28" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"1/embed1b,121b,121I was just really on a high all day Sunday. Sent random nice compliments via text message to some people I don't reach out to very often, giggled every time that cute little voice said "enjooooy yourself" on Fun DMC, another 30 Rock mini-marathon with friends...beautiful day.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I was gonna start this same thread yesterday!
    b,121
    b,121My Saturday night was incredible! My weekly coincided with our Club Crawl event, which is one of those huge block parties where every bar has like 3-4 local bands playing. Our club had 3 Hip Hop groups performing so I closed the night out from 12:30p to 2p. The place was PACKED. People were dancing everywhere! Dancefloor, staircase, stage, balcony...out of control! My weekly's called Get Loose! and it really
    this week! I had to stick to strictly Microwave 'cause the sessy ladies dancing on stage kept 'causing my needles to skip on my vinyl twelves.
    b,121
    b,121It was extra special 'cause my Mom was watching the Tejano band on the stage outside our club and came through and danced to my set. I ended the night with the Motown Remixes version of "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" that was my staple closer at my previous weekly. EVERYBODY was singing along.
    b,121
    b,121Other highlights include:
    b,121
    b,121- Sunday lunch with Mom in which she hugged me and said "Have you been working out?"
    b,121
    b,121- Having a serious conversation that I turned from tender with tears to tender with smiles. I care too much to play the a$$hole role.
    b,121
    b,121- Found out the club owner took out radio ads to promote my weekly! I didn't know 'til after the fact so I didn't get to add any input, but I'm happy with it nonetheless! (At least they didn't mess up and call me Homo Herm!)
    b,121
    object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divplaylist"1
    embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=5580961-4ab" width="335" height="28" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"1/embed1b,121b,121I was just really on a high all day Sunday. Sent random nice compliments via text message to some people I don't reach out to very often, giggled every time that cute little voice said "enjooooy yourself" on Fun DMC, another 30 Rock mini-marathon with friends...beautiful day. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121Almost forgot!b,121b,121- - I was asked to add input and funnies to the Latino version of The Vagina Monologues! I'm gonna dive face first into this project and conduct thorough research ASAP!!!