Grace Jones is back!

m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
img src="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3028/2621129819_44ef381524.jpg"1 b,121I'm sitting here listening to her new album "Hurricane". First album in 20 years. I'm a fan, grew up with her music and I love her voice, so I was a bit excited to pop this in the CD player. b,121b,121It could have been absolutely terrible, but whaddaya know? It's actually pretty good. Not mind-blowing, but it's definitely got some songs I'll be returning to. Call it a comeback.b,121b,121It definetely harks back to some of her earlier albums and connects dots from the 80s to the present without being retro or super "hip". Some songs have kind of a "Nightclubbing" vibe (and Sly & Robbie is indeed onboard), some have that Trevor Horn classy pop sound (he is not involved though), and some have a more recent dubby dancehall sound.b,121b,121I need to give this some more listens, but this is sounding OK to me right now. I might even be prone to playing the opener "This Is" inna dance too. Shoulda made that the first single instead of "Corporate Cannibal", even though the video is killing it, classic GJ-style:b,121object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b,121b,121The lady is 60 years old and still wilding out! From what I've heard, she was partying like a rock star when she was here last year for the Copenhagen Fashion Week.

Comments