Does The Mwandishi Era deserve a book?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
After reading the Herbie Hancock article in Waxpoetics I was wondering if that era in his music could fill a book.b,121b,121At first glance w/ i saw this, I thought here we go again, another cat breakin down that time in Hancock music. And I swear ive read about it a couple of times.b,121b,121The Warner Bros. CD had some nice linear notes on that time for Herbie and the band. That futuristic Clear CD Box had some info as well.b,121b,121I'd like to hear what was going on during Eddie Henderson's Capricorn stuff.b,121b,121Just wondering.b,121b,121 img src="http://www.hollowearth.org/images/jazz/hancock/hancock_mwandishi.jpg"1

Comments

• Me too. But I'm not sure it could fill a book. I consider this kind of music to be an evolutionary dead end... or maybe these musicians just squeezed every last bit of creativity from it and moved on.That said, look at the books written on just a single album (kind of blue, love supreme).

• well, there is a book out now on the headhunters album that i leafed through at the book store the other day. there may have been a mwandishi chapter in there...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Me too. But I'm not sure it could fill a book. I consider this kind of music to be an evolutionary dead end... or maybe these musicians just squeezed every last bit of creativity from it and moved on.That said, look at the books written on just a single album (kind of blue, love supreme).
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121 b,121Crossings & Sextant + whatever dovetales. Eddie Henderson - Realization.