Random Dre/ Snoop fact

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
so I'm logging a bunch of footage for a show and as part of it I gotta find a shitload of stuff on DR. Dre.

I found an interview in which he said that "Nuthin but a G Thang" was created when Snoop called Dre from jail and heard Dr. Dre playing Boz Scaggs "Lowdown" in the background. According to Dre, Snoop laid down his lyrics over the phone to a microphone duct-taped on the other end. When snoop got out they re-recorded it with the beat y'all are used to.

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    thats cool, the Bad Brains recorded a tune like that when HR was in the pokey...the producer(ron st germain I believe), rigged up a way for the phone to come through the board or something...they used the vocal on the LP, you can hear HR singin while he was in jail.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    thats cool, the Bad Brains recorded a tune like that when HR was in the pokey...the producer(ron st germain I believe), rigged up a way for the phone to come through the board or something...they used the vocal on the LP, you can hear HR singin while he was in jail.

Word, "Sacred Love" on I Against I - and the lyrics are about being in tha clink, too.

• Options
    Didn't someone on The Firm "Phone Tap" do their part from jail? Oh wait, no, there was a Capone and Noreaga song or album where the Capone parts were from jail. I think that's right, I remember something like that. Didn't really affect me much, but someone might have said it to me at some point. I was probably half-listening to them though, I don't really listen to people when they talk because I'm really just about myself these days.

• so I'm logging a bunch of footage for a show and as part of it I gotta find a shitload of stuff on DR. Dre.

I found an interview in which he said that "Nuthin but a G Thang" was created when Snoop called Dre from jail and heard Dr. Dre playing Boz Scaggs "Lowdown" in the background. According to Dre, Snoop laid down his lyrics over the phone to a microphone duct-taped on the other end. When snoop got out they re-recorded it with the beat y'all are used to.

awesome. thanks.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    "on his own album cover he was a she thang"(were those the lyrics?)...anyone have that pic of dre in drag? hilarious...in the 187 um killa eazy e album...

edit: found it!

http://members.aol.com/WernerVWallenrod/wcwc/eazy.jpg

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    x-raided has a couple albums from the pen. its over the phone and pretty damn funny. hard to really get into.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    anyone have that pic of dre in drag?
    not really "drag" more like par for the course entertainer outfit for the times. And lets keep the songs recorded from jail thing goin'. Aren't there Charles Manson songs he's recorded in jail? Oh, and I only think it should count if you were in jail not like Johnny Cash from Fulsom Prison and stuff.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    BAY AREA HEADZ ARE SLEEPING!!!!

Mac Dre recorded the entire album[/b] Back N da 'Hood, from jail, as well as a dope verse on Mac Mall`s "Pimp Shit."

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

just saw what these are goin for, might have to sell my copy...

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    YO! when is that wisconsin shit getting reissued??? who's got the goods on this thing?

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    MF Grimm, in a wheelchair, from prison on "I Hear Voices."

he shouldn`t have bothered...

• YO! when is that wisconsin shit getting reissued??? who's got the goods on this thing?

my boy has one of these OG's and man oh man. shit kicks haaaaaaaaaaaaaaard

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

he shouldn`t have bothered...

psssssshhhhh... to each his own mayne.

HI B*N!

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    the upheaval??

dude i have no fucking clue. sound quality is pretty janky for the unreleased tunes....we'll see.

Whatupper Morsecode?!

Jake and Elwood: