Late 80's Hip Hop/Jazz Brilliance

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
I know most don't want to talk about Jazz & Hip Hop on here any more. And I know there are a ton of Fresh Prince haters on the board.b,121b,121But has anyone ever pulled off a better great job of layering and fusing together jazz classics and adding the hip hop elements? Was this track done by Jeff alone or did the Goodman's have much to do with it??? Anyone know?b,121b,121object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b,121b,121b,121b,121b,121And while the vocal version is interesting to hear. I wish I never had...

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121I know most don't want to talk about Jazz & Hip Hop on here any more. And I know there are a ton of Fresh Prince haters on the board.
    b,121
    b,121But has anyone ever pulled off a better great job of layering and fusing together jazz classics and adding the hip hop elements? Was this track done by Jeff alone or did the Goodman's have much to do with it??? Anyone know?
    b,121
    b,121
    object width="425" height="344"1
    param name="movie" value=""1
    /param1
    param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1
    /param1
    embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1
    /embed1
    /object1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I would say it a Hip hop song w/ Jazz elements. But yeah its incredible.b,121b,121Ill add Stetsasonic - Talkin All That Jazz to that same style.b,121b,121And maybe Kool G Rap & DJ Polo's - The Streets Of New York. There's a nice piano underneath the beat. More live steez.b,121b,121Pleez dont let this spiral.b,121b,121Hip Hop w/ Jazz elements vs Jazz-Hop.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    so we better not mention Buckshot Le Fonque....b,121b,121To add a side note to the discussion. I friend of mine used to love Micah 9 from FF cus she thought he rimed like 'a jazz soloist improving on the trumpet or sax'...b,121b,121So which MC's flow the jazziest? Who's voice and syncopation is best used as a jazz instrument?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Blowout Comb.b,121b,121That shit has been going on game over repeat in my mind lately. Wishing I hadn't sold it...

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Yeah....true...dope lp, especially Graffitti.b,121b,121What about Saafir-Boxcar sessions. Black Thought, Mos Def, Percee P, Monche, Jigga, Outcast, Ghost are some MC's that show the potential on certain tracks.

• Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment community. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.b,121b,121Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain Crunch. The grave site was piled high with flours.b,121b,121Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times, he still was a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.b,121b,121Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, three children: John Dough, Jane Dough and Dosey Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.b,121b,121The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Blowout Comb.
    b,121
    b,121That shit has been going on game over repeat in my mind lately. Wishing I hadn't sold it...
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121+1b,121b,121b,121Except I didn't sell mine...