Johnny J R.I.P.

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
VERY, VERY SAD.............b,121b,121b,121From ballerstatus.netb,121b,121Tupac Producer Johnny J Commits Suicideb,121 b,121Published: Sunday - October 5, 2008b,121Words by Ronnie Gamble b,121b,121Producer Johnny J, most popular for his extensive work on Tupac's All Eyez On Me album, died while in custody at the Los Angeles County jail on Friday (October 3). His death is being considered a suicide.b,121b,121According to TMZ, Johnny J (real name: Johnny Jackson) was in jail for a DUI charge. Authorities say he took his own life by jumping off a tier in the jail.b,121b,121He was just 39 years old, and leaves a wife and two children.b,121b,121In early 90s, the Mexican-born, Los Angeles-raised producer first gained notoriety after producing the hit single "Knockin' Boots" for his Berklee College of Music classmate Candyman. Following the success of the single, he met Tupac and worked with the legendary rapper on his Thug Life album, the Above The Rim soundtrack, and the rest of the late rapper's projects up until his death.b,121b,121Johnny J produced classic Tupac tracks such as "How Do U Want It," "All Bout U," "Picture Me Rollin'" and "Hit Em Up."b,121b,121He was also the owner of his own Klock Work Entertainment.

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Damn. RIP.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    heard about this.b,121b,121Rest In Peace

• Wow. On the slunder this guy had literally one of the most lucrative songbooks of any rap producer. He did dozens and dozens of songs with Pac. RIP.

• R.I.P. Dude was the shit. b,121b,121Suicide in jail is always suspect. Especially jumping off something...

• r.i.p. to this talented young man.b,121peace, stein. . .

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121Wow. On the slunder this guy had literally one of the most lucrative songbooks of any rap producer. He did dozens and dozens of songs with Pac. RIP.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Makes you wonder if he saw his proper share of the money, cus if he was really rich I doubt he would have been locked up for a DUI, he coulda got himself Paris or Lindsay or Robert Downing Jrs lawyers. (and jumping off the tier img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/suspect5es.gif" alt="" 21 )b,121b,121I loved his Pac work, I didnt know he done the Candyman joint, that was a high school classic for me.... b,121b,121R.I.P and may his music keep rocking on!